OK, I'm not a network engineer (if I were I wouldn't be asking this!)
so if I can get replies to suit an IT generalist that would be great,
thanks.

We have web servers in Perth on dual 100mbit links. Sydney is 2500
miles away and typical ping times are about 40ms.

If a complete web page (all 34 objects, total about 81KBytes) can be
delivered in 1.4 seconds on a 100mbit client in Perth, what would the
expectation be for delivery in Sydney? Of course that's assuming fat,
uncongested pipes bweteen the two and 100mbit connections at both ends.

In other words, is there a way to factor in the impact of a 40ms ping
time on delivering web pages if there is no appreciable bottleneck
between two 100mbit connections?

Thanks

Phil