Which CAT-5 cable do I need? - Connectivity

This is a discussion on Which CAT-5 cable do I need? - Connectivity ; CAT 5e 350MHz? CAT 6 500MHz? Is there a sort of network primer someone could direct me to with this question?...

  1. Which CAT-5 cable do I need?

    CAT 5e 350MHz? CAT 6 500MHz?

    Is there a sort of network primer someone could direct me to with this
    question?

  2. Re: Which CAT-5 cable do I need?

    The answer is what speed network are you building now, and do you plan to
    upgrade in the future..
    If you only every want to to 100mb ethernet regulat cat 5 is fine, if you
    plan on upgrading to gigibit ethernet or even the 10gigibit ethernet then
    get the best cable you can afford now and save the cost of re-wiring later
    to support your upgrade.

    jwm

    "Adam Corolla" wrote in message
    > CAT 5e 350MHz? CAT 6 500MHz?
    >
    > Is there a sort of network primer someone could direct me to with this
    > question?

+ Reply to Thread