router suggestion pls from list provided... - Connectivity

This is a discussion on router suggestion pls from list provided... - Connectivity ; http://atic.ca/index.php?page=Products&cat=17 I'm new to home networking, have a Telus high speed connection via phone line. 1 computer is new and runs XP while the other is old and runs 98SE. So, just 2 computers. I want to get a router ...

  1. router suggestion pls from list provided...

    http://atic.ca/index.php?page=Products&cat=17

    I'm new to home networking, have a Telus high speed connection via
    phone line. 1 computer is new and runs XP while the other is old and
    runs 98SE.

    So, just 2 computers. I want to get a router and not sure which one.
    I guess a 4 port with firewall fairly easy to use and, of course, fast
    is good, so is cheap but quality most important.

    all suggestions appreciated
    thanks
    Eric

  2. Re: router suggestion pls from list provided...

    Our D-Link DI-604 4-port router was easy to setup and has been trouble-free.
    So off the list you provided I guess the 8-port D-Link.

    --

    Charlie
    Ham Radio - AD5TH

    "Eric" <1@1.com> wrote in message
    > http://atic.ca/index.php?page=Products&cat=17
    >
    > I'm new to home networking, have a Telus high speed connection via
    > phone line. 1 computer is new and runs XP while the other is old and
    > runs 98SE.
    >
    > So, just 2 computers. I want to get a router and not sure which one.
    > I guess a 4 port with firewall fairly easy to use and, of course, fast
    > is good, so is cheap but quality most important.
    >
    > all suggestions appreciated
    > thanks
    > Eric

  3. Re: router suggestion pls from list provided...

    Eric wrote:

    > http://atic.ca/index.php?page=Products&cat=17
    >
    > I'm new to home networking, have a Telus high speed connection via
    > phone line. 1 computer is new and runs XP while the other is old and
    > runs 98SE.
    >
    > So, just 2 computers. I want to get a router and not sure which one.
    > I guess a 4 port with firewall fairly easy to use and, of course, fast
    > is good, so is cheap but quality most important.
    >
    > all suggestions appreciated
    > thanks
    > Eric

    I would go with the Linksys.

    --
    Danny Kile
    Certified FCC, ISCET, A+ , Network+

    Please reply to the Newsgroup ONLY
    Your cooperation is appreciated.

  4. Re: router suggestion pls from list provided...

    Have 3 DLink DI604 now in a combined wired/wireless setup with one DI614+
    and expanded it with a DES1008D switch
    They are VERY good, plug and play, easy to configure (webinterface) and
    upgradeable and have hi-end features at low price, even a built-in firewall
    and DHCP server
    Can use them with a dynamic DHCP server, static IP address, PPPoP (usually
    for ADSL), and others

    just my cents'...

    "Eric" <1@1.com> wrote in message
    > http://atic.ca/index.php?page=Products&cat=17
    >
    > I'm new to home networking, have a Telus high speed connection via
    > phone line. 1 computer is new and runs XP while the other is old and
    > runs 98SE.
    >
    > So, just 2 computers. I want to get a router and not sure which one.
    > I guess a 4 port with firewall fairly easy to use and, of course, fast
    > is good, so is cheap but quality most important.
    >
    > all suggestions appreciated
    > thanks
    > Eric

+ Reply to Thread