VPN Networking Question - Connectivity

This is a discussion on VPN Networking Question - Connectivity ; I have managed to set up a VPN Gateway with 2 Netgear Routers. Now that i have the the vpn routers connected, how do i view the files on the opther computer? can you create a mapped network drive? if ...

  1. VPN Networking Question

    I have managed to set up a VPN Gateway with 2 Netgear Routers.

    Now that i have the the vpn routers connected, how do i view the files on
    the opther computer?

    can you create a mapped network drive? if so HOW

    Kind Regards

    Jargon

  2. Re: VPN Networking Question

    You need to create a user account on network a, that matches a user account
    on network b

    If you're not running a local DNS server, map network drives with a login
    script. If you are just add the relevant hosts in

    eg -
    open notepad and type
    net use g: \\192.168.1.1\data
    and save as login.bat

    and on the other computer you would do the same.

    eg - net use i: \\192.168.2.1\data

    On a small network its just easier if everyone logs in using the same
    username and password

    "JaRgOn" wrote in message
    >I have managed to set up a VPN Gateway with 2 Netgear Routers.
    >

    > Now that i have the the vpn routers connected, how do i view the files on
    > the opther computer?
    >

    > can you create a mapped network drive? if so HOW
    >

    > Kind Regards
    >

    > Jargon

+ Reply to Thread