best way to expose new tool... - Connectivity

This is a discussion on best way to expose new tool... - Connectivity ; Hi Folks, I have just finished writing a unique Windows support tool for networks call BreakPoint that I'm trying to get some attention but not sure the best place to do this. Newsgroups, websites, mvp sites, etc. I would appreciate ...

  1. best way to expose new tool...

    Hi Folks,

    I have just finished writing a unique Windows support tool for networks
    call BreakPoint that I'm trying to get some attention but not sure the
    best place to do this. Newsgroups, websites, mvp sites, etc.

    I would appreciate some feedback on this as I'm new to the usenet.

    You can grab a peek at http://www.cenobix.com.

    Thanks!
    netman

  2. Re: best way to expose new tool...

    netman wrote:
    > Hi Folks,
    >
    > I have just finished writing a unique Windows support tool for networks
    > call BreakPoint that I'm trying to get some attention but not sure the
    > best place to do this. Newsgroups, websites, mvp sites, etc.
    >
    > I would appreciate some feedback on this as I'm new to the usenet.
    >
    > You can grab a peek at http://www.cenobix.com.
    >
    > Thanks!
    > netman

    Commercial, shareware, adware, freeware?
    No one can give advice without this info.
    Regards
    Lee

  3. Re: best way to expose new tool...

    netman wrote:

    > Hi Folks,
    >
    > I have just finished writing a unique Windows support tool for networks
    > call BreakPoint that I'm trying to get some attention but not sure the
    > best place to do this. Newsgroups, websites, mvp sites, etc.
    >
    > I would appreciate some feedback on this as I'm new to the usenet.
    >
    > You can grab a peek at http://www.cenobix.com.
    >
    > Thanks!
    > netman

    I don't know for sure, but I think that in general commercial messages in
    newsgroups are considered as spam.
    At least it is good practice to show the nature of a commercial message in
    the title.
    You also should consult what is said about this subject in Netiquette; see
    e.g.
    http://www.albion.com/netiquette/book/

    --
    Veel plezier / Have fun
    Bert

    Mail via hccnet.nl

  4. Re: best way to expose new tool...

    Thanks for the input!!

    BreakPoint isn't free and zero adware and should be considered
    shareware.

    I'll read the book about netiquette too. ;-)

    netman

+ Reply to Thread