Cabling network on two room - Connectivity

This is a discussion on Cabling network on two room - Connectivity ; Hello all, I have a network on 15 m cable, ending on rj45 female. If I connect 2 pcs with a hub the led blink regularly (1 second), but 2 pcs not connected. When I connect a adsl router in ...

  1. Cabling network on two room

    Hello all, I have a network on 15 m cable, ending on rj45 female. If I
    connect 2 pcs with a hub the led blink regularly (1 second), but 2 pcs not
    connected. When I connect a adsl router in a room and pc in other room the
    network works.
    Thanks and excuse me for bad english
    Andrea

  2. Re: Cabling network on two room

    Andrea Beciani wrote in message news:...
    > Hello all, I have a network on 15 m cable, ending on rj45 female. If I
    > connect 2 pcs with a hub the led blink regularly (1 second), but 2 pcs not
    > connected. When I connect a adsl router in a room and pc in other room the
    > network works.
    > Thanks and excuse me for bad english
    > Andrea

    make sure that you have the ip addresses configured properly on each
    computer.

    eg: computer 1: 192.168.0.1
    computer 2: 192.168.0.2

    by default windows will try to get it's ip address through DHCP. if
    this fails for some reason, there will be no ip address assigned to
    the network card. this would explain why hooking up your adsl router
    makes it work. these routers use DHCP by default to assign ip
    addresses to the connected computers.

    Hope this helps

  3. Re: Cabling network on two room

    Yes because the pc connected to dhcp server (router)

+ Reply to Thread