Printing over internet with a mac - Connectivity

This is a discussion on Printing over internet with a mac - Connectivity ; Has anyone done this? I can see the printer and mount volumes over the internet, but when I try to print, the connection appears to be made, but then I get "host 'ip address' is busy." Then it holds this ...

  1. Printing over internet with a mac

    Has anyone done this?

    I can see the printer and mount volumes over the internet, but when I try to
    print, the connection appears to be made, but then I get "host 'ip address'
    is busy."

    Then it holds this message and the barbershop pole in the progress bar.

    Both machines are macs running os 10.3.8, with epson printer( color stylus
    980, photo stylus 830u). All are supported.

    Can anyone help?

    Eric

  2. Re: Printing over internet with a mac

    questions
    Is there a specfic tcp port that the mac's use for sending the print job?
    Like lpd over port 515? Is that port blocked on a firewall at either end?
    have you done a network capture to see what's really going on?

    jwm

    "Eric Johnson" wrote in message
    > Has anyone done this?
    >
    > I can see the printer and mount volumes over the internet, but when I try

    > print, the connection appears to be made, but then I get "host 'ip

    address'
    > is busy."
    >
    > Then it holds this message and the barbershop pole in the progress bar.
    >
    > Both machines are macs running os 10.3.8, with epson printer( color stylus
    > 980, photo stylus 830u). All are supported.
    >
    > Can anyone help?
    >
    > Eric

+ Reply to Thread