Multiple simoultaneous connections - Connectivity

This is a discussion on Multiple simoultaneous connections - Connectivity ; Ok... I have a small office network that pretty much plays nice together. I have a 98SE box, one running XP Home, and one running XP Pro. The are networked with a firewall and a router for shared broad band ...

  1. Multiple simoultaneous connections

    Ok... I have a small office network that pretty much plays nice together.
    I have a 98SE box, one running XP Home, and one running XP Pro.

    The are networked with a firewall and a router for shared broad band access.
    It works.

    Recently I had a vendor that allowed me to network into their system via
    dialup for accessing real time telemetry on some equipment. Basically it
    works like this.

    1. I setup a dial up connection to their network
    2. Connect and give a login and password for the connection.
    3. Open my web browser, and plug in an IP address for a particular
    computer on their network.
    4. Entire another logon and password in the web page that comes up.

    It works ok... but not if the computer is also connected to my in house
    network. I tried this on the XP Home box because it is the only computer on
    the network with a modem. Basically I have to physically disconnect the
    network cable from the wall before I can direct my browser to their IP when
    I am connected to their network.

    Is there any way I can set it up so I can use one browser window to contact
    the internet through my LAN while simultaneously using another browser
    window to talk to their network?

    It would save time for me to be able to do this. I work with other
    equipment that receives telemetry from their equipment that I can check
    on-line via a secure internet connection. If I could see both in separate
    windows at the same time it would save time in testing and trouble shooting.
    I know I could move one of my other computers back next to that one or add
    another computer to my network to go back there, but I would prefer to not
    have to do that due to limited physical space.

    Bob La Londe
    www.YumaBassMan.com

  2. Found it

    Just unchecked a setting in the advanced tcp/ip prperties of the dial up
    connection. All is wonderful

    "Bob La Londe" wrote in message
    > Ok... I have a small office network that pretty much plays nice together.
    > I have a 98SE box, one running XP Home, and one running XP Pro.
    >
    > The are networked with a firewall and a router for shared broad band

    access.
    > It works.
    >
    > Recently I had a vendor that allowed me to network into their system via
    > dialup for accessing real time telemetry on some equipment. Basically it
    > works like this.
    >
    > 1. I setup a dial up connection to their network
    > 2. Connect and give a login and password for the connection.
    > 3. Open my web browser, and plug in an IP address for a particular
    > computer on their network.
    > 4. Entire another logon and password in the web page that comes up.
    >
    > It works ok... but not if the computer is also connected to my in house
    > network. I tried this on the XP Home box because it is the only computer

    on
    > the network with a modem. Basically I have to physically disconnect the
    > network cable from the wall before I can direct my browser to their IP

    when
    > I am connected to their network.
    >
    > Is there any way I can set it up so I can use one browser window to

    contact
    > the internet through my LAN while simultaneously using another browser
    > window to talk to their network?
    >
    > It would save time for me to be able to do this. I work with other
    > equipment that receives telemetry from their equipment that I can check
    > on-line via a secure internet connection. If I could see both in separate
    > windows at the same time it would save time in testing and trouble

    shooting.
    > I know I could move one of my other computers back next to that one or add
    > another computer to my network to go back there, but I would prefer to not
    > have to do that due to limited physical space.
    >
    > Bob La Londe
    > www.YumaBassMan.com

+ Reply to Thread