Connecting to the internet through a LAN - Connectivity

This is a discussion on Connecting to the internet through a LAN - Connectivity ; Hello, On my Left I have a PC... Connected to the internet, On my Right a have a laptop connected to a network hub, which is connected to PC(a). The Laptop can access all HDD on PC(a) but cannot access ...

  1. Connecting to the internet through a LAN

    Hello,

    On my Left I have a PC... Connected to the internet, On my Right a have a
    laptop connected to a network hub, which is connected to PC(a).

    The Laptop can access all HDD on PC(a) but cannot access the internet. PC(a)
    cannot access HDD on Laptop. Permission rights have been given to everyone
    as Full Control

    ICS is shared and static IP addresses are in use for LAN
    (192.168.0.1--PC)(192.168.0.2---Laptop)

    Both are running Windows XP SP2... Norton Antivirus (ver 10.0.1.13) is
    installed on PC(a) only.

    A couple of months ago I had a different Laptop here, and never had this
    problem.

    I want to Connect my Laptop to the Internet. How do I get that right?

    Jonathan

  2. Re: Connecting to the internet through a LAN

    Jonathan Fourie wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > On my Left I have a PC... Connected to the internet, On my Right a have a
    > laptop connected to a network hub, which is connected to PC(a).
    >
    > The Laptop can access all HDD on PC(a) but cannot access the internet. PC(a)
    > cannot access HDD on Laptop. Permission rights have been given to everyone
    > as Full Control
    >
    > ICS is shared and static IP addresses are in use for LAN
    > (192.168.0.1--PC)(192.168.0.2---Laptop)
    >
    > Both are running Windows XP SP2... Norton Antivirus (ver 10.0.1.13) is
    > installed on PC(a) only.
    >

    > A couple of months ago I had a different Laptop here, and never had this
    > problem.
    >
    > I want to Connect my Laptop to the Internet. How do I get that right?
    >
    > Jonathan

    First thing is you should go buy a router.

+ Reply to Thread