Setting static route: Linksys WRT54G - Cisco 2514 - Connectivity

This is a discussion on Setting static route: Linksys WRT54G - Cisco 2514 - Connectivity ; I have a single cable internet connection through Comcast which I have split with a switch so I could have 1 IP and my roommate could have one. The purpose is that we both need access to the same ports. ...

  1. Setting static route: Linksys WRT54G - Cisco 2514

    I have a single cable internet connection through Comcast which I have
    split with a switch so I could have 1 IP and my roommate could have one. The
    purpose is that we both need access to the same ports.

    I have a Cisco 2514 setup on the 192.168.1.0/24 network. My roommate has a
    Linksys WRT54G setup on the 192.168.2.0/24 network. While we each need our
    own networks, we would like to have access to the other network internally.
    To do this, we have added a standard ethernet cable between the two internal
    networks.

    I have added a static route to my configuration as shown below:

    router rip
    version 2
    network 192.168.2.0

    At this point, the trouble that we are having is getting the static route
    setup on the Linksys. Can anyone offer some advice on setting this up?

    Thanks,
    Jason

  2. Re: Setting static route: Linksys WRT54G - Cisco 2514

    I'm a bit confused on this one. If you are capable of creating a
    route on a Cisco router, the Linksys should be childs play. Go into
    the Linksys web interface and just set up a route. I believe it's
    under "Advanced" and then "Static Routing".

    On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 09:52:38 -0800, "Jason Williard"
    wrote:

    > I have a single cable internet connection through Comcast which I have
    >split with a switch so I could have 1 IP and my roommate could have one. The
    >purpose is that we both need access to the same ports.
    >
    >I have a Cisco 2514 setup on the 192.168.1.0/24 network. My roommate has a
    >Linksys WRT54G setup on the 192.168.2.0/24 network. While we each need our
    >own networks, we would like to have access to the other network internally.
    >To do this, we have added a standard ethernet cable between the two internal
    >networks.
    >
    >I have added a static route to my configuration as shown below:
    >
    >router rip
    >version 2
    >network 192.168.2.0
    >
    >At this point, the trouble that we are having is getting the static route
    >setup on the Linksys. Can anyone offer some advice on setting this up?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Jason

+ Reply to Thread