Ok guys and gals. How do i hook up 2 routers. 2 explain. I am using wirless and want to hook up a second router to extend the reach of my wirless. - Connectivity

This is a discussion on Ok guys and gals. How do i hook up 2 routers. 2 explain. I am using wirless and want to hook up a second router to extend the reach of my wirless. - Connectivity ; Ok guys and gals. How do i hook up 2 routers. 2 explain. I am using wirless and want to hook up a second router to extend the reach of my wirless....

  1. Ok guys and gals. How do i hook up 2 routers. 2 explain. I am using wirless and want to hook up a second router to extend the reach of my wirless.

    Ok guys and gals. How do i hook up 2 routers. 2 explain. I am using wirless
    and want to hook up a second router to extend the reach of my wirless.

  2. Re: Ok guys and gals. How do i hook up 2 routers. 2 explain. I amusing wirless and want to hook up a second router to extend the reach ofmy wirless.

    Me wrote:
    > Ok guys and gals. How do i hook up 2 routers. 2 explain. I am using wirless
    > and want to hook up a second router to extend the reach of my wirless.

    Hmm. Open the manual for the router you want to use to extend the reach
    of your other one. See whether it contains a section on "bridging mode"
    - if it does, you may be in business. If not, you're looking at laying
    cable.

    Actually, in my experience, laying cable is usually a better bet.

  3. Re: Ok guys and gals. How do i hook up 2 routers. 2 explain. I am using wirless and want to hook up a second router to extend the reach of my wirless.

    Dear Me,

    What you're looking for is called a Wireless Repeater or a Wireless
    Range Extender.

    If you already have a second router, you can do what Jonathan said and
    check if it can be used as a bridge.

    The device I was talking about was designed specificaly for your needs,
    so setup should be a breeze.

    Another way to go would be to get a bigger/better antenna. If your
    router has a detachable antenna, it's something worth looking into.

    Hope this helps,

    Noam Nelke, Israel.

+ Reply to Thread