Help with internet connection sharing...two computers...one dial-up - Connectivity

This is a discussion on Help with internet connection sharing...two computers...one dial-up - Connectivity ; I have two computers running XP and one dial-up internet connection. I bought a crossover cable...but now I'm stuck as to how I enable them to share the same connection. Is it possible to be online at the same time? ...

  1. Help with internet connection sharing...two computers...one dial-up

    I have two computers running XP and one dial-up internet connection. I
    bought a crossover cable...but now I'm stuck as to how I enable them to
    share the same connection. Is it possible to be online at the same time?
    Please HELP ME!!
    SewWhat4

  2. Re: Help with internet connection sharing...two computers...one dial-up

    "Cindy" wrote in message
    >I have two computers running XP and one dial-up internet connection. I
    > bought a crossover cable...but now I'm stuck as to how I enable them to
    > share the same connection. Is it possible to be online at the same time?
    > Please HELP ME!!
    > SewWhat4

    As you don't state your OS and not being off but if you Google there are
    many sites that can assist.

    dj

  3. Re: Help with internet connection sharing...two computers...one dial-up

    >I have two computers running XP and one dial-up internet connection. I
    > bought a crossover cable...but now I'm stuck as to how I enable them to
    > share the same connection. Is it possible to be online at the same time?

    Yes!
    The easyiest way is used Internet sharnig Wizzard its helps in 90%

    ps.
    sorry for my poor english...

  4. Re: Help with internet connection sharing...two computers...one dial-up

    Boy wrote:
    > "Cindy" wrote

    >>I have two computers running XP

    > As you don't state your OS

    There's no help like free help.

    Cindy, there are about 2.5M sites which address this situation - or call
    your ISP and see if they will talk you through it. It's not hard, but
    you will probably need 2 network cards in the computer connected to the
    phone line, an Ethernet hub or switch, and another network card(s) in
    the computer(s) you want to allow to use the connection.

    You may want to do a little research on cross-posting, too.

  5. Re: Help with internet connection sharing...two computers...one dial-up

    "Cindy" wrote in news:gONBd.1927$x61.822
    @news01.roc.ny:

    > I have two computers running XP and one dial-up internet connection. I
    > bought a crossover cable...but now I'm stuck as to how I enable them to
    > share the same connection. Is it possible to be online at the same time?
    > Please HELP ME!!
    > SewWhat4

    do you have a firewall? is it set to accept traffic from the network?

  6. Re: Help with internet connection sharing...two computers...one dial-up

    Yes...I have a firewall & it is able to accept traffic form the network...
    Now what?
    Cindy

  7. Re: Help with internet connection sharing...two computers...one dial-up

    Cindy wrote:
    > I have two computers running XP and one dial-up internet connection. I
    > bought a crossover cable...but now I'm stuck as to how I enable them
    > to share the same connection. Is it possible to be online at the same
    > time? Please HELP ME!!
    > SewWhat4

    Cindy. You might try Google search for 'internet connection sharing with
    1394' which is yet another option. You need two machines with 1394 cards.
    Having two XP machines makes this easier. Two NIC cards alone with one cable
    between the two is also an option. Do you have a wireless or wired router?
    You could try networks groups for further setup help.

    J.

  8. Re: Help with internet connection sharing...two computers...one dial-up

    On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 12:12:25 -0500, "Jimmy"
    wrote:

    >Cindy wrote:
    >> I have two computers running XP and one dial-up internet connection. I
    >> bought a crossover cable...but now I'm stuck as to how I enable them
    >> to share the same connection. Is it possible to be online at the same
    >> time? Please HELP ME!!
    >> SewWhat4

    > Cindy. You might try Google search for 'internet connection sharing with
    >1394' which is yet another option. You need two machines with 1394 cards.
    >Having two XP machines makes this easier. Two NIC cards alone with one cable
    >between the two is also an option. Do you have a wireless or wired router?
    >You could try networks groups for further setup help.
    >
    >J.

    Look in Control Panel on the computer with the internet dialup. Run
    the Network Setup Wizard to configure this computer as an internet
    gateway. After you do this computer, go to the other and do the same
    thing only select this one as connecting thru the gateway box. I'm
    running this same setup with as many as 8 computers connected at
    times. (repair shop without broadband) If you will play around with
    your settings you will see how this is done. The Internet Gateway box
    will actually be a DHCP server of sorts as it will assign IP addresses
    and Subnet Masks automatically. There, clear as mud, ain't it!

    TrOll

+ Reply to Thread