I've got an Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe motherboard with a Yukon Gigabit Lan and
an Nvidia Lan. Until now, I've only had the Yukon enabled and online
because the house is networked through a router (D-Link 704P). The
problem with a router is that it's a pain in the butt when it comes to
P2P (ICQ, MSN, etc) and I have nothing but trouble sending or receiving
files from people online. Also, desktop sharing is almost impossible as
far as I can tell. What I would like to do is connect the Nvidia
directly to the internet (with a software firewall) and keep the Gigabit
connected through the router. Is this likely? How do I notify my apps
that they're supposed to go through only one of the connections?