Does it make a difference? - Connectivity

This is a discussion on Does it make a difference? - Connectivity ; If you have two different OS's, when you want to set up a home network? I have a new Dell with WIN XP and an older ASUS (never again!) with WIN98SE. I have Bellsouth DSL with a D-Link Wireless Router ...

  1. Does it make a difference?

    If you have two different OS's, when you want to set up a home
    network?
    I have a new Dell with WIN XP and an older ASUS (never again!) with
    WIN98SE.
    I have Bellsouth DSL with a D-Link Wireless Router on the Dell and a
    D-Link wireless adaptor on the Asus.
    I used the Network Setup Wizard on both, but I get an error message on
    the Dell saying to contact the administrator in order to do sharing.

    Also, can I undo any settings I have made?

  2. Re: Does it make a difference?

    Log in as administrator to do the changes you want then log out

    KK

    "vizier" wrote in message
    news:3b526f90.0411141849.1a12d5e3@posting.google.c om...
    > If you have two different OS's, when you want to set up a home
    > network?
    > I have a new Dell with WIN XP and an older ASUS (never again!) with
    > WIN98SE.
    > I have Bellsouth DSL with a D-Link Wireless Router on the Dell and a
    > D-Link wireless adaptor on the Asus.
    > I used the Network Setup Wizard on both, but I get an error message on
    > the Dell saying to contact the administrator in order to do sharing.
    >
    > Also, can I undo any settings I have made?

+ Reply to Thread