Slow Internet Browsing - Connectivity

This is a discussion on Slow Internet Browsing - Connectivity ; Hello, I am having problems with my network at home - namely extremely slow browsing of the internet. When downloading from p2p or directly from the net I can get very good speeds (100kbps+) however when browsing the net the ...

  1. Slow Internet Browsing

    Hello,
    I am having problems with my network at home - namely extremely slow
    browsing of the internet. When downloading from p2p or directly from
    the net I can get very good speeds (100kbps+) however when browsing
    the net the speeds are unusable (around 500bps!).

    I have tried everything I can think of (using latest antivirus
    software, removed all spyware, deleted all cookies, temp. int. files,
    reduced amount of space used for temp. int. files etc) but I still
    cannot get this to work. Is there anything I am missing?

    We have

    4 PCs all running XPpro
    Origo ADSL Modem Router
    Opera/Internet Explorer Browsers
    1mb DSL line

    this is happening on all 4 PCs. Sometimes you can speed up the net by
    resetting the router but this only speeds things up for a few minutes
    and then it settles back down to the unusable speeds. I first though
    it was a problem with the line or maybe the router - but if I can get
    100kbps over P2P or directly from the net, this indicates to me that
    there's a Browser setting somewhere I'm missing?
    Please can somebody help!

    Thanks, Leo.

  2. Re: Slow Internet Browsing

    wrote in message
    news:1099490436.339874.230440@f14g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
    > Hello,
    > I am having problems with my network at home - namely extremely slow
    > browsing of the internet. When downloading from p2p or directly from
    > the net I can get very good speeds (100kbps+) however when browsing
    > the net the speeds are unusable (around 500bps!).
    >

    > I have tried everything I can think of (using latest antivirus
    > software, removed all spyware, deleted all cookies, temp. int. files,
    > reduced amount of space used for temp. int. files etc) but I still
    > cannot get this to work. Is there anything I am missing?
    >

    > We have
    >

    > 4 PCs all running XPpro
    > Origo ADSL Modem Router
    > Opera/Internet Explorer Browsers
    > 1mb DSL line
    >

    > this is happening on all 4 PCs. Sometimes you can speed up the net by
    > resetting the router but this only speeds things up for a few minutes
    > and then it settles back down to the unusable speeds. I first though
    > it was a problem with the line or maybe the router - but if I can get
    > 100kbps over P2P or directly from the net, this indicates to me that
    > there's a Browser setting somewhere I'm missing?
    > Please can somebody help!
    >
    > Thanks, Leo.

    Leo,
    The first thing I do when T/s a client's computer- is determine if it is a
    connection speed issue. Go to www.PcPitstop.com and do your up/down speed
    tests. The results should be pretty close to what your ISP advertises.

    Bring the results back here and we can go to the next step.

    Larry

  3. Re: Slow Internet Browsing

+ Reply to Thread