Hi,

This might be an interesting problem.

I have a nice Windows laptop, a P-166 Linux system, an a wireless router.

I would like to stream all my audio of my laptop (music, system sound,
etc.) to the Linux system, which has a decent sound card connected to
nice speakers.

The reason for doing so is that I can move from places to places in my
room with my laptop but can still listen to the music from the nice
speakers. Now, I know one way of doing it is to set up a MP3 stream
server on my laptop and "tune" my Linux box to listen to the server.
However, I feel that it is an overkill: I have to spend CPU time
encoding/deconding MP3 stream within a private 100Mbits network.

Does anyone know of a better way of doing this?

BL