All of a sudden, one morning, my 98SE machine disappeared from
the LAN (one XP Home machine, one Win 98SE machine). The XP
machine and its drives are still available from the 98SE machine
so I conclude the cables and ethernet cards are ok.

I made no hardware or software changes before it disappeared. I
went through all the network dialogs and they are unchanged from
those I had written down when everything was working.

Reinstalling 98SE didn't help; instead, it was a disaster. Took a
long time to get the system to boot again.

I tried what I found at

www.careyholzman.com/netfixes.htm

but they didn't help.

Anyone know of a network diagnotic utility that might help or
another useful web site?

TIA

Ken

--
Untie the two knots to email me

"Madness is not a consequence of uncertainty, but of certainty."
Nietzche