Problems Connecting To Internet - Connectivity

This is a discussion on Problems Connecting To Internet - Connectivity ; Hi All, Hope someone can help me. I have 2 computers connected together through home networking. I am using a hub for the connection. I have cable modem for a connection to the internet and my provider tells me in ...

  1. Problems Connecting To Internet

    Hi All, Hope someone can help me.

    I have 2 computers connected together through home networking. I am using a
    hub for the connection. I have cable modem for a connection to the internet
    and my provider tells me in order to hook the second computer directly to
    the internet I will have to pay for the second connection. But I can connect
    through home networking will not cos anything. They network fine but the
    second computer will not access the internet.
    The main computer is running win m.e. and the second is running win
    98.
    Does anyone have any suggestions?
    DreamWeaver

    Oh I am also running zone alarm on the main.

  2. Re: Problems Connecting To Internet

    "DreamWeaver" wrote in message
    > Hi All, Hope someone can help me.
    >
    > I have 2 computers connected together through home networking. I am using
    > hub for the connection. I have cable modem for a connection to the
    > internet
    > and my provider tells me in order to hook the second computer directly to
    > the internet I will have to pay for the second connection. But I can
    > connect
    > through home networking will not cos anything. They network fine but the
    > second computer will not access the internet.
    > The main computer is running win m.e. and the second is running win
    > 98.
    > Does anyone have any suggestions?
    > DreamWeaver
    >
    > Oh I am also running zone alarm on the main.

    How is the modem networked? Is it connected direct to a pc or to the hub?
    If direct to one pc, is internet connection sharing activated?

    I have 3 pc's running through a home network, with an ADSL modem/router
    connected direct to the hub - all 3 pc's share the connection fine and no
    need to pay any extra - the modem makes the connection and then just shares
    it to the computers. If you can't do this then internet connection sharing
    should let you share with the second pc, but you may have to configure zone
    alarm to allow this - I had to add each computer to zone alarm before it
    would allow them to talk to each other!

  3. Re: Problems Connecting To Internet

    The internet is connected to the modem and the 2 computers are connected to
    the hus. internet sharing is turned on.

    "DreamWeaver" wrote in message
    > Hi All, Hope someone can help me.
    >
    > I have 2 computers connected together through home networking. I am using

    > hub for the connection. I have cable modem for a connection to the

    internet
    > and my provider tells me in order to hook the second computer directly to
    > the internet I will have to pay for the second connection. But I can

    connect
    > through home networking will not cos anything. They network fine but the
    > second computer will not access the internet.
    > The main computer is running win m.e. and the second is running win
    > 98.
    > Does anyone have any suggestions?
    > DreamWeaver
    >
    > Oh I am also running zone alarm on the main.

+ Reply to Thread