I have an embedded device that can 'talk' either tcp or UDP. I want
to be able to communicate with it using my Windows XP machine using
UDP. The problem is - I can't find any gauranteed-to-work UDP clients
for Windows. I have tried Blue's Port tool:

and get communication going only one way (from Port Tool to the
device). Nothing I do will allow it to communicate from the embedded
device to the PC. The embedded device is configured as follows:

subnet mask
protocol UDP

The computer (running Blue's Port Tool) is configured:

protocol UDP
terminal mode Y

If I configure the embedded device to be a telnet client, and use
Hyperterm as the telnet client on the PC it all works great. Can
anybody help?