Sharing an AOL Internet connection - Connectivity

This is a discussion on Sharing an AOL Internet connection - Connectivity ; Ok this may sound rediculous cause I hate AOL myself but...... I have a customer that wanted me to set up two PC's in their office to share the Internet connection. I went over and made a crossover cable to ...

  1. Sharing an AOL Internet connection

    Ok this may sound rediculous cause I hate AOL myself but...... I have a
    customer that wanted me to set up two PC's in their office to share the
    Internet connection. I went over and made a crossover cable to connect the
    two PC's. Went to the PC with the Internet connection and realized they had
    switch from their former ISP to AOL. With a normal Internet connection you
    just right click on the connection, select properties and go to the Advance
    tab to share out the connection...... Right...... With AOL you don't get
    anything when you right click on the connection icon.
    My question is: Can you set the LAN connection to bridge with the AOL
    connection?

    Danny
    www.CarwileEnterprises.com

  2. Re: Sharing an AOL Internet connection

    "Danny C" wrote in message
    news:41409bab$0$10700$2c56edd9@news.cablerocket.co m...
    > Ok this may sound rediculous cause I hate AOL myself but...... I have

    > customer that wanted me to set up two PC's in their office to share the
    > Internet connection. I went over and made a crossover cable to connect

    the
    > two PC's. Went to the PC with the Internet connection and realized they

    had
    > switch from their former ISP to AOL. With a normal Internet connection

    you
    > just right click on the connection, select properties and go to the

    Advance
    > tab to share out the connection...... Right...... With AOL you don't get
    > anything when you right click on the connection icon.
    > My question is: Can you set the LAN connection to bridge with the AOL
    > connection?
    >
    > Danny
    > www.CarwileEnterprises.com

    I've been able to get an AOL DSL connection shared for one of my clients by
    using the USB connection (on the blue external DSL Modem) for the primary
    computer and the Cat 5 connection for the second computer. Each works well
    and is independant of the other. No lack of bandwidth on her DSL line. I'm
    not sure if this is what you have in mind.

    Larry

+ Reply to Thread