DOS Machine on Windows Network - Connectivity

This is a discussion on DOS Machine on Windows Network - Connectivity ; How can I add a DOS macine to a Windows peer to peer network? All I need is to copy files from the DOS machine to one of the windows machines. Using a shared printer would also be nice, but ...

  1. DOS Machine on Windows Network

    How can I add a DOS macine to a Windows peer to peer network? All I need is
    to copy files from the DOS machine to one of the windows machines. Using a
    shared printer would also be nice, but not neccessary.

    Bob

  2. Re: DOS Machine on Windows Network

    P.S. I have mixed 98SE and XP machines talking nicely on the network now.

    Is running a parallel cable to one of the windows machines and running
    laplink or Ebox the only option. I would prefer to be able to use ethernet
    and make things work.

    "Bob La Londe" wrote in message
    > How can I add a DOS macine to a Windows peer to peer network? All I need

    is
    > to copy files from the DOS machine to one of the windows machines. Using

    > shared printer would also be nice, but not neccessary.
    >
    > Bob

  3. Re: DOS Machine on Windows Network

    I know there is a boot disk available (google it as I forget where I had it
    before) that loads some dos drivers for a network card and can then connect
    to a NT share (maps a drive)

    > P.S. I have mixed 98SE and XP machines talking nicely on the network now.
    >
    > Is running a parallel cable to one of the windows machines and running
    > laplink or Ebox the only option. I would prefer to be able to use

    ethernet
    > and make things work.
    >
    > "Bob La Londe" wrote in message
    > > How can I add a DOS macine to a Windows peer to peer network? All I

    need
    > is
    > > to copy files from the DOS machine to one of the windows machines.

    Using
    > > shared printer would also be nice, but not neccessary.
    > >
    > > Bob

+ Reply to Thread