Netgear 624 wireless router problem - Connectivity

This is a discussion on Netgear 624 wireless router problem - Connectivity ; I have two problems with this wireless router bland new. 1. Connection drops after say 5-50 minutes which can only be re-established by resetting the router 2. Saving changes made to the router (they call it apply) results in an ...

  1. Netgear 624 wireless router problem

    I have two problems with this wireless router bland new.

    1. Connection drops after say 5-50 minutes which can only be
    re-established by resetting the router

    2. Saving changes made to the router (they call it apply) results in
    an updating changes and then an error msg " page cannot be
    displayed........".

    Should I return this router?

    What other clue /suggestion to work my way out?

    Any input would be most appreciated

    Daniel
    Toronto

  2. Re: Netgear 624 wireless router problem

    dtong22@yahoo.com (Daniel TONG) wrote in
    news:c2324ab.0408180142.39cab1bd@posting.google.co m:

    > 1. Connection drops after say 5-50 minutes which can only be
    > re-established by resetting the router
    >
    > 2. Saving changes made to the router (they call it apply) results in
    > an updating changes and then an error msg " page cannot be
    > displayed........".

    Try getting the latest firmware from the manufacturer's website and re-
    flashing the router. Our wireless AP kept crashing when we first got it
    till I upgraded the firmware and it has been fine since.

    --
    Colin