Http web server on Windows XP with Internet Connection Sharing On - Connectivity

This is a discussion on Http web server on Windows XP with Internet Connection Sharing On - Connectivity ; This might seem like a silly question but I am trying to get a web server operating on a computer with windows xp that also shares its internet connection with other computers on the network. Ive checked and i can ...

  1. Http web server on Windows XP with Internet Connection Sharing On

    This might seem like a silly question but I am trying to get a web server
    operating on a computer with windows xp that also shares its internet
    connection with other computers on the network. Ive checked and i can only
    access the page from within the network (ie the port is in stealth mode from
    the internet). Ive turnned off ICF and tried the settings tab in advanced to
    set port 80 to redirect to the servers name and 127.0.0.1 but none of this
    helps the port stays in stealth mode. Am i missing something? Any Help
    appreciated. Thanks

  2. Re: Http web server on Windows XP with Internet Connection Sharing On

    Hey, found the problem all working now

    Thanks

    "Ben Dellar" wrote in message
    > This might seem like a silly question but I am trying to get a web server
    > operating on a computer with windows xp that also shares its internet
    > connection with other computers on the network. Ive checked and i can only
    > access the page from within the network (ie the port is in stealth mode

    from
    > the internet). Ive turnned off ICF and tried the settings tab in advanced

    > set port 80 to redirect to the servers name and 127.0.0.1 but none of this
    > helps the port stays in stealth mode. Am i missing something? Any Help
    > appreciated. Thanks

+ Reply to Thread