Hello all,

In order to be able to use my desktop pc on our neighbours wlan I have some

The PC is to far away from the signal which is only available in the living
room. The PC is about 30 to 60 feet away from the living room. I want to
acces this wlan in some way and the most intresting so me seemed this one:

I buy a wlan router and 60ft UTP cable. Place the router in the living room
and connect the pc using the utp cable. But I'm not sure wheter this will
work or not, because to me it's unclear wheter the routers "input" has to be
utp or if it is allowed to have wlan as an internet provider. I would think
the router has to work both ways in either case so it should be no problem
from that point of view. However I can imagine that routers don't
communicate with eachother. Anyone any advice on this?

Second thought:
Use an USB wlan adapter and use up to 60ft usb extension cord. 60ft USB
extension cord however seems quite a lot to me. On the other hand I've been
"network gaming" with my neighbour a few years ago using about the same
length regular serial cable. Does anyonbe have any advice on this? Or has
anyone any experience with long ends of usb extension cable?