My computer out of the blue "lost" the network connection. When I go
into Device Manager there is yellow question mark at the Ethernet
Controller, when I click on that it says the drivers for this device
are not installed (Code 28). When I try to reinstall the driver the
hardware installation wizard cannot find a driver for it, either on
the Windows disc or on the Windows webpage. I have previously
formatted the hard drive and had no trouble installing the driver for
it from the Windows installation disc but now it says it cannot find a
suitable driver. Please help, I need my network connection. The
Ethernet Controller is integrated on the motherboard, it has FOXCONN
stamped on it. System information below, note that for Ehternet
Controller is says driver: N/A!!

System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 7/9/2004, 14:13:29
Machine name: NORTEK-BLK55MUI
Operating System: Windows 2000 Professional (5.0, Build 2195)
Service Pack 4
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: HP Pavilion 04
System Model: P6324A-ABA 750C
BIOS: Award Plug and Play BIOS Extension v1.0A
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1.80GHz
Memory: 512MB RAM
Page File: 345MB used, 902MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINNT
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0b (4.09.0000.0902)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.0001.0902 32bit Unicode

System Devices
Name: Ethernet Controller
Device ID:
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2449&SUBSYS_30138086&REV_03\4&1351887D&0&40F0
Driver: n/a