Hi,

I recently upgraded from a 3com 3C905 10mbit card to a 10/100
3cSOHO100B-TX. I could not get it to work at first, but after reading
up on the net, i followed some instructions and installed tulip.

The link is fine, but when i transfer files between clients over the
network, i seem to only get a 4100kb/s (32800kbit or 32mbit) transfer
rate. Does anybody have any idea why this is?

Traffic is being routed through a LinkSys BEFSR41 router over Cat5
cables, and the receiving computer has an inbuilt RealTek LAN slot.

The specs for the Linux machine (sending) are:

OS: Slackware Linux 9.1
CPU: Intel Celeron 1ghz
RAM: 704mb SDRAM

dmesg | grep eth0 comes up with:

eth0: 3Com 3cSOHO100B-TX (ADMtek Centaur) rev 49 at 0xecabc000,
00:04:75:B7:0E:1B, IRQ 11
eth0: MII transceiver #1 config 3100 status 7869 advertising 05e1

mii-tool shows:

eth0: negotiated 100baseTx-FD flow-control, link ok

Any ideas?

Many thanks,
James Allman-Talbot