dhcp+static together? - Connectivity

This is a discussion on dhcp+static together? - Connectivity ; Hi, Can somebody please tell me if I can use DHCP and static IP-networking together? My problem is that connecting one machine using static IP with wifi is failing due to nerworking-tool issues. The rest of the machines work fine ...

  1. dhcp+static together?

    Hi,

    Can somebody please tell me if I can use DHCP and static IP-networking
    together? My problem is that connecting one machine using static IP with
    wifi is failing due to nerworking-tool issues. The rest of the machines
    work fine on static IP, including a Mac on wifi. So, if I can use DHCP
    and static at the same time it would solve a problem for me.

    Thanks for an answer.

  2. Re: dhcp+static together?

    "Huub" <"v.niekerk at hccnet.nl"> wrote in message
    news:482f2c1f$0$15547$e4fe514c@dreader16.news.xs4a ll.nl...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Can somebody please tell me if I can use DHCP and static IP-networking
    > together? My problem is that connecting one machine using static IP with
    > wifi is failing due to nerworking-tool issues. The rest of the machines
    > work fine on static IP, including a Mac on wifi. So, if I can use DHCP and
    > static at the same time it would solve a problem for me.
    >
    > Thanks for an answer.

    Yes, you can use both but be sure to exclude the static address
    from the DHCP server's list or you could get IP conflicts when
    the DHCP server tries to hand out the same address as the static
    machine.

    Tom Lake

  3. Re: dhcp+static together?

    Thank you. Working fine now.

  4. Re: dhcp+static together?

    Nice job Tom Lake !!!

    "Tom Lake" wrote in message

    > "Huub" <"v.niekerk at hccnet.nl"> wrote in message
    > news:482f2c1f$0$15547$e4fe514c@dreader16.news.xs4a ll.nl...
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Can somebody please tell me if I can use DHCP and static IP-networking
    >> together? My problem is that connecting one machine using static IP with
    >> wifi is failing due to nerworking-tool issues. The rest of the machines
    >> work fine on static IP, including a Mac on wifi. So, if I can use DHCP
    >> and static at the same time it would solve a problem for me.
    >>
    >> Thanks for an answer.

    > Yes, you can use both but be sure to exclude the static address
    > from the DHCP server's list or you could get IP conflicts when
    > the DHCP server tries to hand out the same address as the static
    > machine.
    >
    > Tom Lake

  5. Re: dhcp+static together?

    "jpsga" wrote in message
    news:j_Kdne0tpIpHTK_VnZ2dnUVZ_gydnZ2d@comcast.com. ..
    > Nice job Tom Lake !!!

    Aw, shucks....

    My experience was gained by trial-and-error (mostly error!)

    Tom Lake

+ Reply to Thread