wireless PCI card not recognized after turning off PC - Connectivity

This is a discussion on wireless PCI card not recognized after turning off PC - Connectivity ; Would appreciate any advice available on this embarrassing dilemma... My family thought I was a hero when I successfully hooked up my DLink WDA 1320 to allow wireless connectivity to our main PC in another room. Every time I turn ...

  1. wireless PCI card not recognized after turning off PC

    Would appreciate any advice available on this embarrassing dilemma...

    My family thought I was a hero when I successfully hooked up my DLink WDA
    1320 to allow wireless connectivity to our main PC in another room. Every
    time I turn off the PC, however, the system does not recognize that the card
    is installed anymore. Not in device manager.

    Called the DLInk tech support. They suggested I take the card out and
    re-insert. Yes, that works but I should not have to do this every time I
    turn on the PC.

    How to fix this and restore my hero status in eyes of adoring wife and kids?

    thanks
    bob

  2. Re: wireless PCI card not recognized after turning off PC

    Appreciate any helpful thoughts on continuing saga on my XP2.

    After installing driver for the DLink WDA 1320, it operates fine until I
    turn off the machine twice. The first time I turn it off, the system
    recognizes the wireless connection, but the second time the wireless card is
    no longer seen by device manager.

    Called DLink support. The said try another slot. Again, as with the other
    slot, it recognizes the card upon booting twice but third time it does not.

    I doubt this is hardware problem. Any ideas why doesn't see the hardware
    dependably each time I boot it up?

    thx
    bob
    "Bob" wrote in message
    > Would appreciate any advice available on this embarrassing dilemma...
    >
    > My family thought I was a hero when I successfully hooked up my DLink WDA
    > 1320 to allow wireless connectivity to our main PC in another room. Every
    > time I turn off the PC, however, the system does not recognize that the
    > card is installed anymore. Not in device manager.
    >
    > Called the DLInk tech support. They suggested I take the card out and
    > re-insert. Yes, that works but I should not have to do this every time I
    > turn on the PC.
    >
    > How to fix this and restore my hero status in eyes of adoring wife and
    > kids?
    >
    > thanks
    > bob

  3. Re: wireless PCI card not recognized after turning off PC

    "Bob" wrote in message
    > Appreciate any helpful thoughts on continuing saga on my XP2.
    >
    > After installing driver for the DLink WDA 1320, it operates fine until I
    > turn off the machine twice. The first time I turn it off, the system
    > recognizes the wireless connection, but the second time the wireless card
    > is no longer seen by device manager.
    >
    > Called DLink support. The said try another slot. Again, as with the
    > other slot, it recognizes the card upon booting twice but third time it
    > does not.
    >
    > I doubt this is hardware problem. Any ideas why doesn't see the hardware
    > dependably each time I boot it up?
    >
    > thx
    > bob

    Sounds like a hardware problem, do you have access to another machine that
    you can try the card in? If it fails in the 2nd machine too then it's time
    to return the card. However, should it work in the second machine try
    manually allocating an IRQ (make sure it is not sharing an IRQ) for the card
    when returning it to the original machine. (you could try that first but I
    don't really expect it to work in a different machine)

    See, you get sensible answers when you stop trying to play 'family hero' on
    Usenet!

  4. Re: wireless PCI card not recognized after turning off PC

    In article , "Bob" wrote:
    >Would appreciate any advice available on this embarrassing dilemma...
    >
    >My family thought I was a hero when I successfully hooked up my DLink WDA
    >1320 to allow wireless connectivity to our main PC in another room. Every
    >time I turn off the PC, however, the system does not recognize that the card
    >is installed anymore. Not in device manager.
    >
    >Called the DLInk tech support. They suggested I take the card out and
    >re-insert. Yes, that works but I should not have to do this every time I
    >turn on the PC.
    >
    >How to fix this and restore my hero status in eyes of adoring wife and kids?
    >
    >thanks
    >bob

    try a different slot, there may be some IRQ conflict happening.

+ Reply to Thread