Hi,

I am looking for a hand held network tool up to a maximum cost of 200
($400). It will be mainly used for cable testing but other functions like
detecting what is at the other end of a cable and cable length would be
good too. Basically the most versitile tool I can get for my buget. After
searching the net there seem to be lots to choose from so I'm looking for
recommendations really. At work I use a fluke tool but their products are
out of reach for my budget. Can anybody recommend a particular tester in
my price range or other manufacturers that I should take a look at.

thanks

Gav