Wlan adapter not found. - Connectivity

This is a discussion on Wlan adapter not found. - Connectivity ; Installed Xp Sp2 on toshiba a205-s5804 laptop. Managed to find all drivers however, when installing driver for Wlan RTL8187B, its states that the adapter cannot be found. I can see wlan adapter in device manager requiring driver install. Tried several ...

  1. Wlan adapter not found.

    Installed Xp Sp2 on toshiba a205-s5804 laptop.
    Managed to find all drivers however, when installing
    driver for Wlan RTL8187B, its states that the adapter
    cannot be found.
    I can see wlan adapter in device manager requiring driver
    install. Tried several wlan drivers for Xp with same result.
    Any ideas?
    tia

  2. Re: Wlan adapter not found.

    I would try uninstalling the adapter, then reboot and let it go through the
    driver process. Also be sure there is not a physical switch to turn on and
    off the adapter

    "Your name" wrote in message
    news:KcWdnSIljdzcfwfanZ2dnUVZ_rGhnZ2d@giganews.com ...
    > Installed Xp Sp2 on toshiba a205-s5804 laptop.
    > Managed to find all drivers however, when installing
    > driver for Wlan RTL8187B, its states that the adapter
    > cannot be found.
    > I can see wlan adapter in device manager requiring driver
    > install. Tried several wlan drivers for Xp with same result.
    > Any ideas?
    > tia

  3. Re: Wlan adapter not found.

    Should have said that I had already tried what you suggested.
    BTW this new system had Vista installed. I looked at
    the device manager prior to formatting the HD.
    It showed WLAN installed as
    "Realtek RTL8187B Wireless 802.11G 5 Mbps USB 2.0 network
    adapter."
    tia

    "RBM" wrote in news:479c9371$0$25043
    $607ed4bc@cv.net:

    > I would try uninstalling the adapter, then reboot and let it

    go
    > through the driver process. Also be sure there is not a

    physical
    > switch to turn on and off the adapter
    >

    > "Your name" wrote in message
    > news:KcWdnSIljdzcfwfanZ2dnUVZ_rGhnZ2d@giganews.com ...
    >> Installed Xp Sp2 on toshiba a205-s5804 laptop.
    >> Managed to find all drivers however, when installing
    >> driver for Wlan RTL8187B, its states that the adapter
    >> cannot be found.
    >> I can see wlan adapter in device manager requiring driver
    >> install. Tried several wlan drivers for Xp with same

    result.
    >> Any ideas?
    >> tia

  4. Wink Re: Wlan adapter not found.

    i had the same problem with my brother's a205-s5803...couldn't get the wifi to work. but after 2 whole day of reading threads...found one that worked for me.

    found thread here

    and as for the realtek wlan driver i found it in the toshiba site

    click support->click download center for driver->then look in the Satellite A210-(PSAFGA) series.

    hopes this helps.

  5. Re: Wlan adapter not found.

    Hi

    Can somebody help me to drowngrade my toshiba a205-s5803?

    I receive this laptop as a gift last week and I want to install Xp on it but when I boot from the Xp cd the installer says that I don't have any hard drive.

    Please, help me with this because I hate Vista so much...

    Thx

    Malvert

  6. Re: Wlan adapter not found.

    "Your name" wrote in message
    news:KcWdnSIljdzcfwfanZ2dnUVZ_rGhnZ2d@giganews.com ...
    > Installed Xp Sp2 on toshiba a205-s5804 laptop.
    > Managed to find all drivers however, when installing
    > driver for Wlan RTL8187B, its states that the adapter
    > cannot be found.
    > I can see wlan adapter in device manager requiring driver
    > install. Tried several wlan drivers for Xp with same result.
    > Any ideas?
    > tia

    I have noticed that problem a couple of times. The fix was:
    Remove the drivers and associated software if any.
    Remove the adaptor from the machine.
    reboot to check for any residual problems.
    shut down with no stand- by(pull the plug).
    reinstall the adaptor in to the machine
    Boot up and let the OS find the adaptor.
    Beware some manufactures require load some software before the board
    reinstall.
    JPS

+ Reply to Thread