can't homenetwork a wifi - Connectivity

This is a discussion on can't homenetwork a wifi - Connectivity ; The maine computer is wired to the wifi belkin router and the laptop is wifi'd to the router. I can get onto the internet on both but I want 2 b able 2 transfer files & c each computer from ...

  1. can't homenetwork a wifi

    The maine computer is wired to the wifi belkin router and the laptop is
    wifi'd to the router. I can get onto the internet on both but I want 2 b
    able 2 transfer files & c each computer from the other. I have shared
    folders on both computers and both computers have the workgroup name the
    same "WORKGROUP".

    Does any1 know the step to connect the computers 2gether? I tried the
    networking wizard in windows xp.
    If some1 has time could they type out simple instructions on how 2 do this
    or point me in the right directions?
    Mayb networking for dummies lolol.

    Hugh

  2. Re: can't homenetwork a wifi

    "Hugh Sutherland" wrote in message
    > The maine computer is wired to the wifi belkin router and the laptop is
    > wifi'd to the router. I can get onto the internet on both but I want 2 b
    > able 2 transfer files & c each computer from the other. I have shared
    > folders on both computers and both computers have the workgroup name the
    > same "WORKGROUP".
    >
    > Does any1 know the step to connect the computers 2gether? I tried the
    > networking wizard in windows xp.
    > If some1 has time could they type out simple instructions on how 2 do this
    > or point me in the right directions?
    > Mayb networking for dummies lolol.
    >
    > Hugh

    Both machines have to be set up for sharing and both machines must share
    some folder.
    JPS

+ Reply to Thread