Can ping my site, but cannot browse to it - Connectivity

This is a discussion on Can ping my site, but cannot browse to it - Connectivity ; Hello, From time to time, I find that I can ping a site that I help maintain, but when I try to browse to it, there is a timeout. This happens whether I use IE or Firefox. I can ping ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

  1. Can ping my site, but cannot browse to it

    Hello,

    From time to time, I find that I can ping a site that I help maintain, but
    when I try to browse to it, there is a timeout.

    This happens whether I use IE or Firefox.

    I can ping the site using either the domain name or the IP address, and I
    have problems browsing to it whether I type in the IP address or the domain
    name in the browser.

    I can access the site's control panel (CPanel) quite easily as well.

    Is there anything I can do to find out what the problem is?

    Thanks,

    Akin
    --
    akyak at aksoto dot idps dot co dot uk

  2. Re: Can ping my site, but cannot browse to it

    Epetruk wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > From time to time, I find that I can ping a site that I help maintain, but
    > when I try to browse to it, there is a timeout.
    >
    > This happens whether I use IE or Firefox.
    >
    > I can ping the site using either the domain name or the IP address, and I
    > have problems browsing to it whether I type in the IP address or the domain
    > name in the browser.
    >
    > I can access the site's control panel (CPanel) quite easily as well.
    >
    > Is there anything I can do to find out what the problem is?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Akin

    It could be a lot of things. Ping just shows the system itself is up
    and attached to the internet. It takes very few resources for the
    system to create a response.

    There are still a lot of possibilities. For instance, the web server can
    be down. The server could be overloaded. The communications link may
    be overloaded. Your scripts may be taking a long time to execute - i.e.
    a long database call or other processing.

    The list is almost endless. But virtually all of the useful stuff
    requires access to the system utilities.

    I'd suggest you start by contacting your hosting companies support desk.

    --
    ==================
    Remove the "x" from my email address

  3. Re: Can ping my site, but cannot browse to it

    "Epetruk" wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >From time to time, I find that I can ping a site that I help maintain, but
    >when I try to browse to it, there is a timeout.
    >
    >This happens whether I use IE or Firefox.
    >
    >I can ping the site using either the domain name or the IP address, and I
    >have problems browsing to it whether I type in the IP address or the domain
    >name in the browser.
    >
    >I can access the site's control panel (CPanel) quite easily as well.
    >
    >Is there anything I can do to find out what the problem is?

    Try the following Perl script. It takes a URL as a parameter and tries
    to access the URL header, and displays the response it gets from the
    http server. It's like a stage further than ping, but for web sites.

    eg:

    perl chkhead.pl http://www.example.com/index.html

    #!/usr/bin/perl

    use LWP::UserAgent;
    use HTTP::Response

    $url = $ARGV[0];

    $ua = LWP::UserAgent->new;
    $ua->agent("Chkhead.pl");

    my $response = $ua->get($url);

    printf "%s\n",$response->status_line;

  4. Re: Can ping my site, but cannot browse to it

    "Jerry Stuckle" wrote in message
    news:teSdndcikrZwaB3anZ2dnUVZ_qOknZ2d@comcast.com. ..
    > Epetruk wrote:
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> From time to time, I find that I can ping a site that I help maintain,
    >> but when I try to browse to it, there is a timeout.
    >>
    >> This happens whether I use IE or Firefox.
    >>
    >> I can ping the site using either the domain name or the IP address, and I
    >> have problems browsing to it whether I type in the IP address or the
    >> domain name in the browser.
    >>
    >> I can access the site's control panel (CPanel) quite easily as well.
    >>
    >> Is there anything I can do to find out what the problem is?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Akin

    > It could be a lot of things. Ping just shows the system itself is up and
    > attached to the internet. It takes very few resources for the system to
    > create a response.
    >
    > There are still a lot of possibilities. For instance, the web server can
    > be down. The server could be overloaded. The communications link may be
    > overloaded. Your scripts may be taking a long time to execute - i.e. a
    > long database call or other processing.
    >
    > The list is almost endless. But virtually all of the useful stuff
    > requires access to the system utilities.

    Hello Jerry,

    Thanks for the response.

    I have access to the system utilities through CPanel, and I've tried
    restarting both the Apache and MySQL services on the machine. However, this
    seems not to make any difference.

    Any other suggestion before I escalate the issue?

    Akin

  5. Re: Can ping my site, but cannot browse to it

    On Sun, 6 Jan 2008 06:33:44 -0800, "Epetruk"
    wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >From time to time, I find that I can ping a site that I help maintain, but
    >when I try to browse to it, there is a timeout.

    Ping is never a good way to determine the health of your site.

    >This happens whether I use IE or Firefox.

    Does it happen from more than one place? Sign up for a proxy site
    (www.cotse.net is a good one, for 5.99/month you get a second way to
    view everything and you can do it securely but there are also free
    proxy sites as well)

    With a proxy site, you can ensure it's not just "YOUR" client that's
    having a problem.

    >I can ping the site using either the domain name or the IP address, and I
    >have problems browsing to it whether I type in the IP address or the domain
    >name in the browser.

    See above. Checking by the IP is good only if your hosting site
    doesn't share the ip out. Ie, when it's working with the DNS name,
    does it also work with the IP? If so, then that's a good test and a
    good sign that something may be wroing with your hosting service.

    >I can access the site's control panel (CPanel) quite easily as well.

    >Is there anything I can do to find out what the problem is?

    Aside from narrowing it down with a proxy (or calling a friend at the
    time you see it down and ask them to check too), call your hosting
    provider while it's down so they can check. If that's not possible
    because of timing, log the dates and times of outages and send it to
    your hosting site so they can check it against their logs.

    --
    gburnore at DataBasix dot Com
    How you look depends on where you go.
    | ۳ݳ޳ݳۺݳ޳ݳݳ޳ݳ۳
    Official .sig, Accept no substitutes. | ۳ݳ޳ݳۺݳ޳ݳݳ޳ݳ۳
    | 0 1 7 2 3 / ݳ 3 7 4 9 3 0 ۳
    Black Helicopter Repair Services, Ltd.| Official Proof of Purchase

  6. Re: Can ping my site, but cannot browse to it

    On Sun, 6 Jan 2008 08:21:49 -0800, "Epetruk"
    wrote:

    >"Jerry Stuckle" wrote in message
    >news:teSdndcikrZwaB3anZ2dnUVZ_qOknZ2d@comcast.com. ..
    >> Epetruk wrote:
    >>> Hello,
    >>>
    >>> From time to time, I find that I can ping a site that I help maintain,
    >>> but when I try to browse to it, there is a timeout.
    >>>
    >>> This happens whether I use IE or Firefox.
    >>>
    >>> I can ping the site using either the domain name or the IP address, and I
    >>> have problems browsing to it whether I type in the IP address or the
    >>> domain name in the browser.
    >>>
    >>> I can access the site's control panel (CPanel) quite easily as well.
    >>>
    >>> Is there anything I can do to find out what the problem is?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>>
    >>> Akin

    >> It could be a lot of things. Ping just shows the system itself is up and
    >> attached to the internet. It takes very few resources for the system to
    >> create a response.
    >>
    >> There are still a lot of possibilities. For instance, the web server can
    >> be down. The server could be overloaded. The communications link may be
    >> overloaded. Your scripts may be taking a long time to execute - i.e. a
    >> long database call or other processing.
    >>
    >> The list is almost endless. But virtually all of the useful stuff
    >> requires access to the system utilities.

    >Hello Jerry,
    >
    >Thanks for the response.
    >
    >I have access to the system utilities through CPanel, and I've tried
    >restarting both the Apache and MySQL services on the machine. However, this
    >seems not to make any difference.
    >
    >Any other suggestion before I escalate the issue?

    The first suggestion is that you ignore Jerry. He's a moron. Follow
    the instructions of others but don't hesistate to escalate it to your
    hosting site. They may have no clue there's a problem but would be
    able to fix it quickly if they're informed.
    --
    gburnore at DataBasix dot Com
    How you look depends on where you go.
    Gary L. Burnore | ۳ݳ޳ݳۺݳ޳ݳݳ޳ݳ۳
    | ۳ݳ޳ݳۺݳ޳ݳݳ޳ݳ۳
    Official .sig, Accept no substitutes. | ۳ݳ޳ݳۺݳ޳ݳݳ޳ݳ۳
    | 0 1 7 2 3 / ݳ 3 7 4 9 3 0 ۳
    Black Helicopter Repair Services, Ltd.| Official Proof of Purchase

  7. Re: Can ping my site, but cannot browse to it

    wrote in message
    > "Epetruk" wrote:
    >
    >>Hello,
    >>
    >>From time to time, I find that I can ping a site that I help maintain, but
    >>when I try to browse to it, there is a timeout.
    >>
    >>This happens whether I use IE or Firefox.
    >>
    >>I can ping the site using either the domain name or the IP address, and I
    >>have problems browsing to it whether I type in the IP address or the
    >>domain
    >>name in the browser.
    >>
    >>I can access the site's control panel (CPanel) quite easily as well.
    >>
    >>Is there anything I can do to find out what the problem is?
    >>

    > Try the following Perl script. It takes a URL as a parameter and tries
    > to access the URL header, and displays the response it gets from the
    > http server. It's like a stage further than ping, but for web sites.
    >
    > eg:
    >
    > perl chkhead.pl http://www.example.com/index.html
    >

    > #!/usr/bin/perl
    >
    > use LWP::UserAgent;
    > use HTTP::Response
    >
    > $url = $ARGV[0];
    >
    > $ua = LWP::UserAgent->new;
    > $ua->agent("Chkhead.pl");
    >
    > my $response = $ua->get($url);
    >
    > printf "%s\n",$response->status_line;

    Hello Secret Agent,

    Thanks for your wonderful idea.

    I don't have perl installed, but I knocked up a quick .NET application which
    did the same thing, and it could read the content from the site without any
    problems. This led me to investigate other areas, and I now believe that the
    problem may be a script which isn't executing - I suspect this is the case,
    because I have disabled javascript and I can now access the site.

    Thanks again,

    Akin
    --
    akyak at aksoto dot idps dot co dot uk

  8. Re: Can ping my site, but cannot browse to it

    (Secret Agent X) wrote:

    > #!/usr/bin/perl

    use strict;
    use warnings;

    > use LWP::UserAgent;
    > use HTTP::Response

    latter is not needed

    > $url = $ARGV[0];

    less noise:
    my $url = shift;

    > $ua = LWP::UserAgent->new;
    > $ua->agent("Chkhead.pl");

    my $ua = LWP::UserAgent->new( agent => 'ChkHead/0.01' );

    > my $response = $ua->get($url);
    >
    > printf "%s\n",$response->status_line;

    less noise:

    print $response->status_line, "\n";

    ymmv of course.

    --
    John Bokma http://johnbokma.com/

  9. Re: Can ping my site, but cannot browse to it

    Epetruk wrote:
    > "Jerry Stuckle" wrote in message
    > news:teSdndcikrZwaB3anZ2dnUVZ_qOknZ2d@comcast.com. ..
    >> Epetruk wrote:
    >>> Hello,
    >>>
    >>> From time to time, I find that I can ping a site that I help maintain,
    >>> but when I try to browse to it, there is a timeout.
    >>>
    >>> This happens whether I use IE or Firefox.
    >>>
    >>> I can ping the site using either the domain name or the IP address, and I
    >>> have problems browsing to it whether I type in the IP address or the
    >>> domain name in the browser.
    >>>
    >>> I can access the site's control panel (CPanel) quite easily as well.
    >>>
    >>> Is there anything I can do to find out what the problem is?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>>
    >>> Akin

    >> It could be a lot of things. Ping just shows the system itself is up and
    >> attached to the internet. It takes very few resources for the system to
    >> create a response.
    >>
    >> There are still a lot of possibilities. For instance, the web server can
    >> be down. The server could be overloaded. The communications link may be
    >> overloaded. Your scripts may be taking a long time to execute - i.e. a
    >> long database call or other processing.
    >>
    >> The list is almost endless. But virtually all of the useful stuff
    >> requires access to the system utilities.

    > Hello Jerry,
    >
    > Thanks for the response.
    >
    > I have access to the system utilities through CPanel, and I've tried
    > restarting both the Apache and MySQL services on the machine. However, this
    > seems not to make any difference.
    >
    > Any other suggestion before I escalate the issue?
    >
    > Akin

    Stopping/starting MySQL or Apache won't do anything. You need utilities
    like top to check on how your server is running. Linux admins can help
    you get started, if you want to follow it up on your own. But your
    better resource will be your hosting company.

    --
    ==================
    Remove the "x" from my email address
    Jerry Stuckle
    JDS Computer Training Corp.
    jstucklex@attglobal.net
    ==================

  10. Re: Can ping my site, but cannot browse to it

    Gary L. Burnore wrote:
    > On Sun, 6 Jan 2008 08:21:49 -0800, "Epetruk"
    > wrote:
    >
    >> "Jerry Stuckle" wrote in message
    >> news:teSdndcikrZwaB3anZ2dnUVZ_qOknZ2d@comcast.com. ..

    >>> It could be a lot of things. Ping just shows the system itself is up and
    >>> attached to the internet. It takes very few resources for the system to
    >>> create a response.
    >>>
    >>> There are still a lot of possibilities. For instance, the web server can
    >>> be down. The server could be overloaded. The communications link may be
    >>> overloaded. Your scripts may be taking a long time to execute - i.e. a
    >>> long database call or other processing.
    >>>
    >>> The list is almost endless. But virtually all of the useful stuff
    >>> requires access to the system utilities.

    >> Hello Jerry,
    >>
    >> Thanks for the response.
    >>
    >> I have access to the system utilities through CPanel, and I've tried
    >> restarting both the Apache and MySQL services on the machine. However, this
    >> seems not to make any difference.
    >>
    >> Any other suggestion before I escalate the issue?

    > The first suggestion is that you ignore Jerry. He's a moron. Follow
    > the instructions of others but don't hesistate to escalate it to your
    > hosting site. They may have no clue there's a problem but would be
    > able to fix it quickly if they're informed.

    ROFLMAO! Now who's "owned", troll!

    --
    ==================
    Remove the "x" from my email address
    Jerry Stuckle
    JDS Computer Training Corp.
    jstucklex@attglobal.net
    ==================

  11. Re: Can ping my site, but cannot browse to it

    On Sun, 06 Jan 2008 13:30:49 -0500, Jerry Stuckle
    wrote:

    >Gary L. Burnore wrote:
    >> On Sun, 6 Jan 2008 08:21:49 -0800, "Epetruk"
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Jerry Stuckle" wrote in message
    >>> news:teSdndcikrZwaB3anZ2dnUVZ_qOknZ2d@comcast.com. ..

    >>> Hello Jerry,
    >>>
    >>> Thanks for the response.
    >>>
    >>> I have access to the system utilities through CPanel, and I've tried
    >>> restarting both the Apache and MySQL services on the machine. However, this
    >>> seems not to make any difference.
    >>>
    >>> Any other suggestion before I escalate the issue?

    >> The first suggestion is that you ignore Jerry. He's a moron. Follow
    >> the instructions of others but don't hesistate to escalate it to your
    >> hosting site. They may have no clue there's a problem but would be
    >> able to fix it quickly if they're informed.

    >ROFLMAO!

    Jerry claims suing is illegal

    From: Jerry Stuckle
    You'd like that, wouldn't you? But I don't need to sue you. There
    are other ways to handle people like you. I prefer the legal ways.

    Jerry on websites:

    From: Jerry Stuckle
    Gary L. Burnore wrote:
    > On Sat, 05 Jan 2008 23:57:07 -0500, Jerry Stuckle
    > wrote:

    >> Ok, let's tell your employer you're a criminal and a fraud.
    >> See if you like it?

    > Go for it, dip****. I've been called far worse. My employer is
    > DataBasix.com. OOPS! Too bad for you.

    Oh, you mean the one who can't even keep a website running?
    ROFLMAO!

    While also saying

    From: Jerry Stuckle
    WRONG ANSWER, FRAUD. It has been and is registered. You just
    can't find a web page for it. Sorry, troll.
    --
    gburnore at DataBasix dot Com
    How you look depends on where you go.
    Gary L. Burnore | ۳ݳ޳ݳۺݳ޳ݳݳ޳ݳ۳
    | ۳ݳ޳ݳۺݳ޳ݳݳ޳ݳ۳
    Official .sig, Accept no substitutes. | ۳ݳ޳ݳۺݳ޳ݳݳ޳ݳ۳
    | 0 1 7 2 3 / ݳ 3 7 4 9 3 0 ۳
    Black Helicopter Repair Services, Ltd.| Official Proof of Purchase

  12. Re: Can ping my site, but cannot browse to it

    On Sun, 06 Jan 2008 13:30:24 -0500, Jerry Stuckle
    wrote:

    >Epetruk wrote:
    >> "Jerry Stuckle" wrote in message
    >> news:teSdndcikrZwaB3anZ2dnUVZ_qOknZ2d@comcast.com. ..

    >>> It could be a lot of things. Ping just shows the system itself is up and
    >>> attached to the internet. It takes very few resources for the system to
    >>> create a response.
    >>>
    >>> There are still a lot of possibilities. For instance, the web server can
    >>> be down. The server could be overloaded. The communications link may be
    >>> overloaded. Your scripts may be taking a long time to execute - i.e. a
    >>> long database call or other processing.
    >>>
    >>> The list is almost endless. But virtually all of the useful stuff
    >>> requires access to the system utilities.

    >> Hello Jerry,
    >>
    >> Thanks for the response.
    >>
    >> I have access to the system utilities through CPanel, and I've tried
    >> restarting both the Apache and MySQL services on the machine. However, this
    >> seems not to make any difference.
    >>
    >> Any other suggestion before I escalate the issue?
    >>
    >> Akin
    >>

    >Stopping/starting MySQL or Apache won't do anything.

    It would if there was something wrong with one or the other of them
    that a restart would cure. Face it, stukkie, you don't know as much
    as you think you do.

    Jerry claims suing is illegal

    From: Jerry Stuckle

    From: Jerry Stuckle

    From: Jerry Stuckle
    WRONG ANSWER, FRAUD. It has been and is registered. You just
    can't find a web page for it. Sorry, troll.

    --
    gburnore at DataBasix dot Com
    How you look depends on where you go.
    Gary L. Burnore | ۳ݳ޳ݳۺݳ޳ݳݳ޳ݳ۳
    | ۳ݳ޳ݳۺݳ޳ݳݳ޳ݳ۳
    Official .sig, Accept no substitutes. | ۳ݳ޳ݳۺݳ޳ݳݳ޳ݳ۳
    | 0 1 7 2 3 / ݳ 3 7 4 9 3 0 ۳
    Black Helicopter Repair Services, Ltd.| Official Proof of Purchase

  13. Re: Can ping my site, but cannot browse to it

    I OWN YOU, Troll. And you've proven it.

    --
    ==================
    Remove the "x" from my email address
    Jerry Stuckle
    JDS Computer Training Corp.
    jstucklex@attglobal.net
    ==================

  14. Re: Can ping my site, but cannot browse to it

    On Sun, 06 Jan 2008 13:59:41 -0500, Jerry Stuckle
    wrote:

    >ROFLMAO!
    >
    >I OWN YOU, Troll. And you've proven it.

    All too easy.
    --
    gburnore at DataBasix dot Com
    How you look depends on where you go.
    Gary L. Burnore | ۳ݳ޳ݳۺݳ޳ݳݳ޳ݳ۳
    | ۳ݳ޳ݳۺݳ޳ݳݳ޳ݳ۳
    Official .sig, Accept no substitutes. | ۳ݳ޳ݳۺݳ޳ݳݳ޳ݳ۳
    | 0 1 7 2 3 / ݳ 3 7 4 9 3 0 ۳
    Black Helicopter Repair Services, Ltd.| Official Proof of Purchase

  15. Re: Can ping my site, but cannot browse to it

    Gary L. Burnore wrote:
    > On Sun, 06 Jan 2008 13:59:41 -0500, Jerry Stuckle
    > wrote:
    >

    >> ROFLMAO!
    >>
    >> I OWN YOU, Troll. And you've proven it.

    > All too easy.

    Glad you admit it, troll!

    --
    ==================
    Remove the "x" from my email address
    Jerry Stuckle
    JDS Computer Training Corp.
    jstucklex@attglobal.net
    ==================

  16. Re: Can ping my site, but cannot browse to it

    On Sun, 06 Jan 2008 14:55:36 -0500, Jerry Stuckle
    wrote:

    >Gary L. Burnore wrote:
    >> On Sun, 06 Jan 2008 13:59:41 -0500, Jerry Stuckle
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >>> ROFLMAO!
    >>>
    >>> I OWN YOU, Troll. And you've proven it.

    >> All too easy.

    >Glad you admit it, troll!

    Glad I admit I can make you say anyting I want, poodle? You surely
    know anyone who's been following knows that you only repeat what I've
    said to you, right poodle?

    Jerry, after being informed he's owned:

    From: Jerry Stuckle

    From: Jerry Stuckle

    From: Jerry Stuckle

    From: Jerry Stuckle
    WRONG ANSWER, FRAUD. It has been and is registered. You just
    can't find a web page for it. Sorry, troll.

    Another lie set:

    From: Jerry Stuckle
    Gary L. Burnore wrote:
    >Jerry wrote:
    >> I have been attacked and maligned by two trolls in a.w.w
    >> who have cross-posted to c.l.p. and other newsgroups.
    >> I will not let those go away.

    > Because you're owned. Owned owned owned.

    So from now on I'll just ignore you - like the ignorant
    should be.

    and then

    From: Jerry Stuckle
    > How's that "ignoring me" thing going, Jerry?

    Nope, I don't need to ignore you, Gary. I OWN YOU.
    And you keep proving it. ROFLMAO, ignorant twit.

    --
    gburnore at DataBasix dot Com
    How you look depends on where you go.
    Gary L. Burnore | ۳ݳ޳ݳۺݳ޳ݳݳ޳ݳ۳
    | ۳ݳ޳ݳۺݳ޳ݳݳ޳ݳ۳
    Official .sig, Accept no substitutes. | ۳ݳ޳ݳۺݳ޳ݳݳ޳ݳ۳
    | 0 1 7 2 3 / ݳ 3 7 4 9 3 0 ۳
    Black Helicopter Repair Services, Ltd.| Official Proof of Purchase

  17. Re: Can ping my site, but cannot browse to it

    Gary L. Burnore wrote:
    > On Sun, 06 Jan 2008 14:55:36 -0500, Jerry Stuckle
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Gary L. Burnore wrote:

    >>> All too easy.

    >> Glad you admit it, troll!

    > Glad I admit I can make you say anyting I want, poodle? You surely
    > know anyone who's been following knows that you only repeat what I've
    > said to you, right poodle?
    >
    > Jerry, after being informed he's owned:
    >
    > From: Jerry Stuckle
    >
    > I OWN YOU, Troll. And you've proven it.
    >

    > Jerry claims suing is illegal
    >
    > From: Jerry Stuckle
    > You'd like that, wouldn't you? But I don't need to sue you. There
    > are other ways to handle people like you. I prefer the legal ways.
    >

    > Jerry on websites:
    >
    > From: Jerry Stuckle
    > Gary L. Burnore wrote:
    > > On Sat, 05 Jan 2008 23:57:07 -0500, Jerry Stuckle
    > > wrote:

    > >> Ok, let's tell your employer you're a criminal and a fraud.
    > >> See if you like it?

    > > Go for it, dip****. I've been called far worse. My employer is
    > > DataBasix.com. OOPS! Too bad for you.
    > >

    > Oh, you mean the one who can't even keep a website running?
    > ROFLMAO!
    >
    > While also saying
    >
    > From: Jerry Stuckle
    > WRONG ANSWER, FRAUD. It has been and is registered. You just
    > can't find a web page for it. Sorry, troll.
    >

    > Another lie set:
    >
    > From: Jerry Stuckle
    > Gary L. Burnore wrote:
    > >Jerry wrote:
    > >> I have been attacked and maligned by two trolls in a.w.w
    > >> who have cross-posted to c.l.p. and other newsgroups.
    > >> I will not let those go away.

    > > Because you're owned. Owned owned owned.

    > So from now on I'll just ignore you - like the ignorant
    > should be.
    >
    > and then
    >
    > From: Jerry Stuckle
    > > How's that "ignoring me" thing going, Jerry?

    > Nope, I don't need to ignore you, Gary. I OWN YOU.
    > And you keep proving it. ROFLMAO, ignorant twit.

    ROFLMAO! Once again you can't understand simple English. But that's
    OK. You just keep proving how I OWN YOU!

    --
    ==================
    Remove the "x" from my email address
    Jerry Stuckle
    JDS Computer Training Corp.
    jstucklex@attglobal.net
    ==================

  18. Re: Can ping my site, but cannot browse to it

    Jerry Stuckle said something stupid:

    [putolin]

    > Stopping/starting MySQL or Apache won't do anything.

    Yes it will stop and start those services. It may or may not fix his issues
    but it will indeed "do something".

    > You need utilities like top to check on how your server is running.

    And I see Linux admins laughing their asses off.
    Please stay on windows jerry. Top won't show you anything useful to correct
    his problem.

    > Linux admins can help you get started, if you want to follow it up on your

    own.

    > But your better resource will be your hosting company.

    --
    Dancin in the ruins tonight
    Tayo'y Mga Pinoy

  19. Re: Can ping my site, but cannot browse to it

    On Sun, 06 Jan 2008 15:51:04 -0500, Baho Utot
    wrote:

    >Jerry Stuckle said something stupid:
    >
    >[putolin]
    >

    >> Stopping/starting MySQL or Apache won't do anything.

    >Yes it will stop and start those services. It may or may not fix his issues
    >but it will indeed "do something".
    >
    >> You need utilities like top to check on how your server is running.

    >And I see Linux admins laughing their asses off.
    >Please stay on windows jerry. Top won't show you anything useful to correct
    >his problem.

    Poor Jerry. Everyone's out to get him.
    --
    gburnore at DataBasix dot Com
    How you look depends on where you go.
    Gary L. Burnore | ۳ݳ޳ݳۺݳ޳ݳݳ޳ݳ۳
    | ۳ݳ޳ݳۺݳ޳ݳݳ޳ݳ۳
    Official .sig, Accept no substitutes. | ۳ݳ޳ݳۺݳ޳ݳݳ޳ݳ۳
    | 0 1 7 2 3 / ݳ 3 7 4 9 3 0 ۳
    Black Helicopter Repair Services, Ltd.| Official Proof of Purchase

  20. Re: Can ping my site, but cannot browse to it

    Baho Utot wrote:
    > Jerry Stuckle said something stupid:
    >
    > [putolin]
    >
    >> Stopping/starting MySQL or Apache won't do anything.

    > Yes it will stop and start those services. It may or may not fix his issues
    > but it will indeed "do something".
    >
    >> You need utilities like top to check on how your server is running.

    > And I see Linux admins laughing their asses off.
    > Please stay on windows jerry. Top won't show you anything useful to correct
    > his problem.

    Try again, Baho. It's a great place to start troubleshooting. As any
    UNIX admin worth his salt will tell you.