Can't receive/send signal from wireless card. - Connectivity

This is a discussion on Can't receive/send signal from wireless card. - Connectivity ; It's a D-Link 614+ wireless router and a D-link dwl 520+ wireless card. I cannot receive the signal worth a crap over this 52 foot distance. It's broadband cable and the speed is the same as 3x 56k phone line ...

  1. Can't receive/send signal from wireless card.

    It's a D-Link 614+ wireless router and a D-link dwl 520+ wireless
    card. I cannot receive the signal worth a crap over this 52 foot
    distance. It's broadband cable and the speed is the same as 3x 56k
    phone line right now, horrible speeds compared to my part which is
    wired directly.

    Should I buy a new card or router or both?

    Can someone suggest a new wireless adapter that has excellent
    reception?

    I really don't want to run wires if possible.

    anyone?????

  2. Re: Can't receive/send signal from wireless card.

    I know that this may seem really silly but I had the same problem on a
    Linksys setup and it turned out that my video sender was interferring with
    my Router/USB device. I could connect to 4 or more networks in my immediate
    area but not to my router upstairs.
    I took advice from a mate and disconnected the video-sender (after trying
    various channels) and hey presto it was there at 54Mbps and signal very
    strong.
    It may be far out but it worked for me. Mate reckons it could be
    video-sender, phones or anything else that works at 2.4GHz that can cause
    this sort of problem.

    Robin

+ Reply to Thread