Login Failure message - Connectivity

This is a discussion on Login Failure message - Connectivity ; I have two desktop computers. One is running Windows Vista and one is running Windows XP. I have a network set up between the two computers, and I am having a problem transferring files from the Vista computer to the ...

  1. Login Failure message

    I have two desktop computers. One is running Windows Vista and
    one is running Windows XP. I have a network set up between the two
    computers, and I am having a problem transferring files from the Vista
    computer to the XP computer. When I open the networks folders I can
    see the names of the computers on both computer screens. I can use
    the XP computer to transfer files from the Vista computer to the XP
    computer, however, I cannot transfer files from the XP computer to the
    Vista computer, nor can I transfer files from the Vista computer to
    the XP computer. If I use the Vista computer and click on the name of
    the XP computer I get a message that tells me

    "Computer is not accessible. You might not have permission to use
    this network resource. Contact the administrator of the server to find
    out if you have access permission.

    Login failure: the user has not been granted the requested login type
    for this computer."

    I don't know how to get this access permission.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Billy

  2. Re: Login Failure message

    On Dec 13, 5:38 pm, Jojo wrote:
    > I have two desktop computers. One is running Windows Vista and
    > one is running Windows XP. I have a network set up between the two
    > computers, and I am having a problem transferring files from the Vista
    > computer to the XP computer. When I open the networks folders I can
    > see the names of the computers on both computer screens. I can use
    > the XP computer to transfer files from the Vista computer to the XP
    > computer, however, I cannot transfer files from the XP computer to the
    > Vista computer, nor can I transfer files from the Vista computer to
    > the XP computer. If I use the Vista computer and click on the name of
    > the XP computer I get a message that tells me
    >
    > "Computer is not accessible. You might not have permission to use
    > this network resource. Contact the administrator of the server to find
    > out if you have access permission.
    >
    > Login failure: the user has not been granted the requested login type
    > for this computer."
    >
    > I don't know how to get this access permission.
    >
    > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Billy

    See if this helps:
    http://groups.google.com/group/micro...ea6672e216e8a8