Wireless connectivity problem - Connectivity

This is a discussion on Wireless connectivity problem - Connectivity ; I am having a problem with my wireless network the host computer is connected to the internet through a Linkys wireless router. I am able to connect to the internet.but only through the host computer. I cannot connect to the ...

  1. Wireless connectivity problem

    I am having a problem with my wireless network the host computer is
    connected to the internet through a Linkys wireless router. I am able to
    connect to the internet.but only through the host computer. I cannot connect
    to the internet with my remote laptop. I should explain my wired
    connections. perhaps I don't have the cables hooked up right.

    Presently, I have an ethernet cable running from the Host computer to the
    cable modem and a cable connection going from the cable modem to the
    router. Is this the proper connection? When I'm at the remote computer, I
    get an error message that the wireless communication switch is disabled and
    to turn on the wireless communication switch. I have no idea where this
    switch is located or how to turn it on. any help would be appreciated.

    --
    Richard K Mahan Sr

    "Imagination is the Father of Creativity"

  2. Re: Wireless connectivity problem

    I am withdrawing my Question as the problem has been fixed by reconfiguring
    my router using the installation disk that came with the router plus the
    fact that my cables were not hooked up correctly.

    "Richard Mahan" wrote in message
    news:9YidncbXu_M4CPzanZ2dnUVZ_jidnZ2d@comcast.com. ..
    >I am having a problem with my wireless network the host computer is
    >connected to the internet through a Linkys wireless router. I am able to
    > connect to the internet.but only through the host computer. I cannot
    > connect to the internet with my remote laptop. I should explain my wired
    > connections. perhaps I don't have the cables hooked up right.
    >
    > Presently, I have an ethernet cable running from the Host computer to the
    > cable modem and a cable connection going from the cable modem to the
    > router. Is this the proper connection? When I'm at the remote computer, I
    > get an error message that the wireless communication switch is disabled
    > and to turn on the wireless communication switch. I have no idea where
    > this switch is located or how to turn it on. any help would be
    > appreciated.
    >
    > --
    > Richard K Mahan Sr
    >
    > "Imagination is the Father of Creativity"

+ Reply to Thread