Proxy(?) question: multiple instances of same service, accessed viahost-header. - Connectivity

This is a discussion on Proxy(?) question: multiple instances of same service, accessed viahost-header. - Connectivity ; Hey all, Out of all of the things I learned, this should have been one of them --- but, alas... can't ask for everything can I? =P At my home, I have a 4-server network environment, hosting things for my ...

  1. Proxy(?) question: multiple instances of same service, accessed viahost-header.

    Hey all,
    Out of all of the things I learned, this should have been one of
    them --- but, alas... can't ask for everything can I? =P

    At my home, I have a 4-server network environment, hosting things
    for my friends (game servers, web server, ect). All of these
    computers are seen as one IP from the Internet (like a single-
    connection to the Internet would bring for a home user). An issue
    arises from this when my friend's users need to access resources on
    say, a different computer than another friend's users are accessing.
    For example, say one friend owns the web address www.google.com and
    the computer with the ip address 192.168.2.2 serves pages for that
    website. But, another friend owns the website www.yahoo.com, which
    coincidentally is served by the computer with the Ip 192.168.2.15.

    As, any network techinician knows: the router/gateway that's
    connected to the Internet will only serve the port 80 from one of the
    two physical servers hosting the websites. So, I suspect there is
    some form of proxy out there that will get the content from the
    appropriate computer via means of a host-header. Unfortunately, I do
    not know of any. Could someone please recommend me to one or more of
    them (cost-effective, if possible).

    Thank you for your time.

    Thanks,
    -Travis

    (Please note that webservers are not the only things I want to mirror,
    but ftp as well (If possible).

  2. Re: Proxy(?) question: multiple instances of same service, accessedvia host-header.

    bump

+ Reply to Thread