CAT5/6 Questions, Need best examples please help me?? - Connectivity

This is a discussion on CAT5/6 Questions, Need best examples please help me?? - Connectivity ; CAT5/6 cable going FROM modem to router AND from router to computer. I currently have one segment as a 15 foot long CAT5 cable. What is the "Optimal Length of CAT5 Cable"??? Would I benefit from these two CAT5 cables ...

  1. CAT5/6 Questions, Need best examples please help me??

    CAT5/6 cable going FROM modem to router AND from router to computer. I
    currently have one segment as a 15 foot long CAT5 cable.

    What is the "Optimal Length of CAT5 Cable"???

    Would I benefit from these two CAT5 cables being the OPTIMAL LENGTH?

    I need some explanation, please?

    Thank you all.

  2. Re: CAT5/6 Questions, Need best examples please help me??

    Crackles McFarly wrote:
    > CAT5/6 cable going FROM modem to router AND from router to computer. I
    > currently have one segment as a 15 foot long CAT5 cable.
    >
    > What is the "Optimal Length of CAT5 Cable"???
    >
    > Would I benefit from these two CAT5 cables being the OPTIMAL LENGTH?
    >
    > I need some explanation, please?
    >

    > Thank you all.

    Cat5 cable can be up to 100 meters, usually it is limited to about 290
    ft. for a run, leaving some space for a patch cable at each end. However
    in you case you are not using patch panels so you have the full length
    of 100 meters. But of course if should be as short as possible.

    http://www.homenethelp.com/web/expla...ble-length.asp

    Danny,

  3. Re: CAT5/6 Questions, Need best examples please help me??

    On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 08:23:13 -0400, Danny Kile
    sayd the following:

    >But of course if should be as short as possible.

    So one that is 3 feet and the other is 15 feet are ok for broadband
    and router?

  4. Re: CAT5/6 Questions, Need best examples please help me??

    Crackles McFarly wrote:
    > On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 08:23:13 -0400, Danny Kile
    > sayd the following:
    >
    >> But of course if should be as short as possible.

    > So one that is 3 feet and the other is 15 feet are ok for broadband
    > and router?

    Yes!

+ Reply to Thread