Re: ksh command line problem - BSD

This is a discussion on Re: ksh command line problem - BSD ; Christian Weisgerber wrote: > ksh needs to be made aware that the window size has changed. Normally > xterm should send a SIGWINCH... but somehow this doesn't happen. > Hmm, something to look into. Now that I've looked, I see ...

  1. Re: ksh command line problem

    Christian Weisgerber wrote:

    > ksh needs to be made aware that the window size has changed. Normally
    > xterm should send a SIGWINCH... but somehow this doesn't happen.
    > Hmm, something to look into.

    Now that I've looked, I see that I was mistaken. ksh *is* sent a
    SIGWINCH. However, it won't take the new window width into account
    until the input line after the current one...

    > You can manually tell ksh to pick up the new window size with
    > "kill -WINCH $$".

    .... so just pressing return does the trick, too.

    --
    Christian "naddy" Weisgerber naddy@mips.inka.de

  2. Re: ksh command line problem

    Christian Weisgerber wrote:
    > Christian Weisgerber wrote:
    >
    >> ksh needs to be made aware that the window size has changed. Normally
    >> xterm should send a SIGWINCH... but somehow this doesn't happen.
    >> Hmm, something to look into.

    > Now that I've looked, I see that I was mistaken. ksh *is* sent a
    > SIGWINCH. However, it won't take the new window width into account
    > until the input line after the current one...
    >
    >> You can manually tell ksh to pick up the new window size with
    >> "kill -WINCH $$".

    > ... so just pressing return does the trick, too.

    This did not work for me. I made konsole window as wude asmy screen
    but ksh still printed only partial lines about half the width of
    the screen. I think I will disable pwd in the prompt when pwd gets long.

    --

  3. Re: ksh command line problem

    dave wrote:

    > This did not work for me. I made konsole window as wude asmy screen
    > but ksh still printed only partial lines about half the width of
    > the screen. I think I will disable pwd in the prompt when pwd gets long.

    Well, then konsole--you mean the KDE terminal emulator, right?--does
    something wrong.

    --
    Christian "naddy" Weisgerber naddy@mips.inka.de

+ Reply to Thread