OpenBSD 4.1 on IBM ThinkPad R30 - machine is powered off during boot - BSD

This is a discussion on OpenBSD 4.1 on IBM ThinkPad R30 - machine is powered off during boot - BSD ; Hi, I had installed OpenBSD 4.1 on IBM ThinkPad R30 from cd41.iso. The installation was just fine, but after restart, the machine is powered off just after this line shown during booting scsibus0 at atapiscsi0: 2 targets I can boot ...

  1. OpenBSD 4.1 on IBM ThinkPad R30 - machine is powered off during boot

    Hi,

    I had installed OpenBSD 4.1 on IBM ThinkPad R30 from cd41.iso. The
    installation was just fine, but after restart, the machine is powered
    off just after this line shown during booting

    scsibus0 at atapiscsi0: 2 targets

    I can boot from CD again without troubles.

    What I can track / change during boot process? Any ideas, what can
    help?

    Thank you,
    Jiri

  2. Re: OpenBSD 4.1 on IBM ThinkPad R30 - machine is powered off during boot

    I tried

    boot -c
    disable apm

    without help. I like to see more with

    verbose

    but, I can't see more details, because the machine is powered off.
    There is unfortunately no serial port. Could I use somehow network
    connection to set console to other machine?

+ Reply to Thread