OpenBSD 4.1 amd64 - extremely slow - BSD

This is a discussion on OpenBSD 4.1 amd64 - extremely slow - BSD ; Okay in the meantime i was able to remove the lock for the /etc/ passwd, fix the keyboard handling issues and got a new network cable because the old one was damaged. But the system a AthlonX2 4400 on a ...

  1. OpenBSD 4.1 amd64 - extremely slow

    Okay in the meantime i was able to remove the lock for the /etc/
    passwd, fix the keyboard handling issues and got a new network cable
    because the old one was damaged.

    But the system a AthlonX2 4400 on a A8V ASUS mit 4GB DDR Ram and 2
    160GB Disks is extremely slow. Starting gnome takes 50sec, opening a
    terminal about 5 seconds. Trying to configure some packages gives me
    one line per 3 seconds.

    So it is clear that there is something going wrong. But how can i find
    out what?

  2. Re: OpenBSD 4.1 amd64 - extremely slow

    On 30 Aug., 03:45, llothar wrote:
    > But the system a AthlonX2 4400 on a A8V ASUS mit 4GB DDR Ram and 2
    > 160GB Disks is extremely slow. Starting gnome takes 50sec, opening a
    > terminal about 5 seconds. Trying to configure some packages gives me
    > one line per 3 seconds.

    Is it possible that the CPU is placed into the Cool&Quite mode?
    Can i get some state information about this somehow or disable it?
    I only see a line in dmesg telling me what frequences are available in
    C&Q.

+ Reply to Thread