> Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 11:31:47 +0800
> From: Lars Hansson
> Subject: Re: OT Strange Punishment
> To: Dave Anderson
> Cc: obsd-misc
>
> > But, as I understand the issue, this is _not_ part of his specified
> > punishment -- it's just a side-effect of the manner in which the
> > government wants to impose a portion of his punishment.

> If he don't like it he could always take the alternative; going to jail.
> All things considered, being forced to run Windows for a few months
> isn't all that big a sacrifice when the alternative is sharing cell
> with Bubba.
>
> > You appear to be arguing that someone convicted of a crime should lose
> > rights under the law beyond those which the law specifies as being taken
> > away. Is this a correct inference?

> I don't think think running Linux is a basic human right.
>
> ---
> Lars Hansson
>
> ============
> Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 23:48:53 -0400
> From: Steve Shockley
> Subject: Re: OT Strange Punishment
> To: obsd-misc
>
> Lars Hansson wrote:
> >I don't think think running Linux is a basic human right.

> I'm not aware that using a computer is a basic human right...

What both of these posters fail to understand is that U.S. Citizens have NO
RIGHTS WHATSOEVER. U.S. Citizens have surrendered their Constitutional
protections in return for the benefits offered them by Congress in the Social
Security Act, Title 42, sections 1881, 1882, and 1889. U.S. citizens have no
rights, only privileges granted them by Congress. In other words, U.S. citizens
have chosen to be wards of Congress. Note that Citizens of the Several States,
who *do* have Constitutional protections, cannot vote in any U.S. election
since they are not U.S. citizens (believe it or not). However, they are also
not subject to most legislation passed by Congress since that legislation
applies only to U.S. citizens, which they are not.

See http://www.jusbelli.com for more info.