clamav in OpenBSD - BSD

This is a discussion on clamav in OpenBSD - BSD ; Hello, Knowing how much OpenBSD team dislikes commercial software, what will be the fate of clamav antivirus now it is bought by SourceFire ? will it be excluded from the ports ? if yes, what could be a replacement ?? ...

  1. clamav in OpenBSD

    Hello,

    Knowing how much OpenBSD team dislikes commercial software, what will be
    the fate of clamav antivirus now it is bought by SourceFire ? will it be
    excluded from the ports ? if yes, what could be a replacement ??

    TIA
    Raph

  2. Re: clamav in OpenBSD

    In article <46cb7c72$1_4@news.bluewin.ch>,
    Raphael wrote:
    >Hello,
    >
    >Knowing how much OpenBSD team dislikes commercial software, what will be
    >the fate of clamav antivirus now it is bought by SourceFire ? will it be
    >excluded from the ports ? if yes, what could be a replacement ??
    >
    >TIA
    >Raph

    SourceFire develops Snort.
    --
    Member - Liberal International
    This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca

  3. Re: clamav in OpenBSD

    The Doctor : purchase of ClamAV by Sourcefire was announced in the news
    yesterday.

    Ok I'll reply to myself as I forwarded my question to the maintainer of
    clamav package in OpenBSD Ports :