4.1 X mouse problem - BSD

This is a discussion on 4.1 X mouse problem - BSD ; I am seeing a 100% repeatable loss of the mouse cursor when I move the mouse too fast in kde - particularly when moving a scroll bar or resizing konqueror windows. I can restore the cursor by switching to a ...

  1. 4.1 X mouse problem

    I am seeing a 100% repeatable loss of the mouse cursor when I move the
    mouse too fast in kde - particularly when moving a scroll bar or resizing
    konqueror windows. I can restore the cursor by switching to a text mode
    console and then switching back again. I don't recall ever seeing this
    problem prior to 4.1. But my memory is not what it used to be.

    Dave Feustel

    --

  2. Re: 4.1 X mouse problem

    dave wrote:
    > I am seeing a 100% repeatable loss of the mouse cursor when I move the
    > mouse too fast in kde - particularly when moving a scroll bar or resizing
    > konqueror windows. I can restore the cursor by switching to a text mode
    > console and then switching back again. I don't recall ever seeing this
    > problem prior to 4.1. But my memory is not what it used to be.

    Can you move the cursor past the edge of the screen? (That would be
    pretty wonky, but it's possible, and a good way to 'lose' the cursor...)

    Otherwise, I have no idea.

    Joachim

  3. Re: 4.1 X mouse problem

    Joachim Schipper wrote:
    > dave wrote:
    >> I am seeing a 100% repeatable loss of the mouse cursor when I move the
    >> mouse too fast in kde - particularly when moving a scroll bar or resizing
    >> konqueror windows. I can restore the cursor by switching to a text mode
    >> console and then switching back again. I don't recall ever seeing this
    >> problem prior to 4.1. But my memory is not what it used to be.

    > Can you move the cursor past the edge of the screen? (That would be
    > pretty wonky, but it's possible, and a good way to 'lose' the cursor...)
    >
    > Otherwise, I have no idea.
    >
    > Joachim

    As far as I can tell, the mouse pointer always stops at the edge of the screen.
    There also is some kind of flash when the mouse cursor disappears. The flash may
    be the screen being redrawn just as the mouse pointer goes away. The mouse is still
    active, since moving the pointer toward the bottom of the screen causes button messages
    to be displayed from toolbar icons when the (invisible) mouse pointer is on them.