Start Up problem - BSD

This is a discussion on Start Up problem - BSD ; I have a script in rc.local that is misbehaving. How do I start up openbsd circumventing the startup script?...

  1. Start Up problem

    I have a script in rc.local that is misbehaving. How do I start up
    openbsd circumventing the startup script?

  2. Re: Start Up problem

    westymatt wrote:
    > I have a script in rc.local that is misbehaving. How do I start up
    > openbsd circumventing the startup script?

    You boot into single user mode, as explained here:
    http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq8.html#LostPW
    and then fix rc.local.

  3. Re: Start Up problem

    westymatt wrote:
    > I have a script in rc.local that is misbehaving. How do I start up
    > openbsd circumventing the startup script?

    You have the correct answer else-thread, but if you are impatient, you
    can just cntrl-C during startup around where it is having problems to
    interrupt the process. This will often allow you to get to some sort of
    prompt where you can fix things.
    --
    clvrmnky

    Direct replies will be blacklisted. Replace "spamtrap" with my name to
    contact me directly.

+ Reply to Thread