Network problem with Openbsd 4.1 - BSD

This is a discussion on Network problem with Openbsd 4.1 - BSD ; Hello, I am running an openbsd 4.1 box that is connected to 2 other computers. Whenever I send a file from one of the other computers to the openbsd machine (whether via ftp or samba), then ssh becomes unreponsive on ...

  1. Network problem with Openbsd 4.1

    Hello,

    I am running an openbsd 4.1 box that is connected to 2 other computers.

    Whenever I send a file from one of the other computers to the openbsd
    machine (whether via ftp or samba), then ssh becomes unreponsive on the
    openbsd box. I have to wait for the file transfer to finish before sshd
    will respond.

    Even if I am logged in via ssh before the transfer starts, once the
    transfer starts, no commands will go though, I have to wait for the
    transfer to finish.

    The reverse is NOT TRUE, that is, if I send a file from the openbsd box
    to either computer, then everything is ok.

    IRQs are not shared by NICs, and the irq usage via vmstat -i seems normal.

    The speed on the transfers is around 45-50 Mbps. They are 100 Mbps
    nics, so I can live with that.

    netstat -i shows no errors, collissions or anything else out of the
    ordinary.

    No errors in dmesg or /var/log/messages.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks

    (I could have swore I read about this months ago, but for the love of
    me, I cant find the post/url that was talking about it..)

  2. Re: Network problem with Openbsd 4.1

    Nevermind, turns out the stupid hard drive in the box was fubarred.

    Go figure.

    M. Parsons wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am running an openbsd 4.1 box that is connected to 2 other computers.
    >
    > Whenever I send a file from one of the other computers to the openbsd
    > machine (whether via ftp or samba), then ssh becomes unreponsive on the
    > openbsd box. I have to wait for the file transfer to finish before sshd
    > will respond.
    >
    > Even if I am logged in via ssh before the transfer starts, once the
    > transfer starts, no commands will go though, I have to wait for the
    > transfer to finish.
    >
    > The reverse is NOT TRUE, that is, if I send a file from the openbsd box
    > to either computer, then everything is ok.
    >
    > IRQs are not shared by NICs, and the irq usage via vmstat -i seems normal.
    >
    > The speed on the transfers is around 45-50 Mbps. They are 100 Mbps
    > nics, so I can live with that.
    >
    > netstat -i shows no errors, collissions or anything else out of the
    > ordinary.
    >
    > No errors in dmesg or /var/log/messages.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > (I could have swore I read about this months ago, but for the love of
    > me, I cant find the post/url that was talking about it..)

+ Reply to Thread