Intel Desktop Board D201GLY - BSD

This is a discussion on Intel Desktop Board D201GLY - BSD ; Hi, Today I get new motherboard D201GLY: http://www.intel.com/products/mother...1GLY/index.htm When I tried to install OpenBSD i get errors as shown here: http://openbsd.4ezi.com/pic.html (2 pictures; second is when i booted openbsd with: boot -c and then typed: disable pciide) Motherboard chipset is ...

  1. Intel Desktop Board D201GLY

    Hi,

    Today I get new motherboard D201GLY:
    http://www.intel.com/products/mother...1GLY/index.htm

    When I tried to install OpenBSD i get errors as shown here:
    http://openbsd.4ezi.com/pic.html
    (2 pictures; second is when i booted openbsd with: boot -c
    and then typed: disable pciide)

    Motherboard chipset is SiS* SiS662

    Is this chipset supported by OpenBSD?
    http://www.openbsd.org/i386.html

    Is there any other like "disable pciide" command get around this
    error?

    Regards,
    TomazZ

  2. Re: Intel Desktop Board D201GLY

    I tried to install OpenBSD 3.7, 3.8 but nothing helped.

    Then i try to install 4.1 with "disable pciide" and "disable isa" and
    then obsd promted me to "install / upgrade / console" but computer
    hanged.

    But i successfully manage to install version 4.0 only with "disable
    pciide" and with all peripherals turned on

    I googed and found how to make "disable pciide" permanent.

    Only OpenBSD 4.0 works with Intel Desktop Board D201GLY.

    This board is great
    - uses only about 40W
    - size 17x17cm
    - very cheap ~66EUR
    - only 1 quiet fan for processor
    - USB boot support
    - auto wake up when power off
    - will also boot without motherboard and mouse attached

    must go to play with my obsd now ))

    Regards,
    TomazZ

    On 1 avg., 21:51, TomazZ wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Today I get new motherboard D201GLY:http://www.intel.com/products/mother...1GLY/index.htm
    >
    > When I tried to install OpenBSD i get errors as shown here:http://openbsd.4ezi.com/pic.html
    > (2 pictures; second is when i booted openbsd with: boot -c
    > and then typed: disable pciide)
    >
    > Motherboard chipset is SiS* SiS662
    >
    > Is this chipset supported by OpenBSD?http://www.openbsd.org/i386.html
    >
    > Is there any other like "disable pciide" command get around this
    > error?
    >
    > Regards,
    > TomazZ

  3. Re: Intel Desktop Board D201GLY

    - will also boot without KEYBOARD and mouse attached sorry
    - uses 36W when processor idle and 40W on 100%

    I also tested booting obsd4.0 from USB key and it works fine.

    I also installed:
    - windowsXP (no problem),
    - FreeBSD (no problem),
    - NetBSD (will not install - installation hangs)

    Regards,
    TomazZ

    On 2 avg., 21:39, TomazZ wrote:
    > I tried to install OpenBSD 3.7, 3.8 but nothing helped.
    >
    > Then i try to install 4.1 with "disable pciide" and "disable isa" and
    > then obsd promted me to "install / upgrade / console" but computer
    > hanged.
    >
    > But i successfully manage to install version 4.0 only with "disable
    > pciide" and with all peripherals turned on
    >
    > I googed and found how to make "disable pciide" permanent.
    >
    > Only OpenBSD 4.0 works with Intel Desktop Board D201GLY.
    >
    > This board is great
    > - uses only about 40W
    > - size 17x17cm
    > - very cheap ~66EUR
    > - only 1 quiet fan for processor
    > - USB boot support
    > - auto wake up when power off
    > - will also boot without motherboard and mouse attached
    >
    > must go to play with my obsd now ))
    >
    > Regards,
    > TomazZ
    >
    > On 1 avg., 21:51, TomazZ wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,

    > > Today I get new motherboard D201GLY:http://www.intel.com/products/mother...1GLY/index.htm

    > > When I tried to install OpenBSD i get errors as shown here:http://openbsd.4ezi.com/pic.html
    > > (2 pictures; second is when i booted openbsd with: boot -c
    > > and then typed: disable pciide)

    > > Motherboard chipset is SiS* SiS662

    > > Is this chipset supported by OpenBSD?http://www.openbsd.org/i386.html

    > > Is there any other like "disable pciide" command get around this
    > > error?

    > > Regards,
    > > TomazZ

+ Reply to Thread