pkg_create examples... - BSD

This is a discussion on pkg_create examples... - BSD ; hi I have read the man pages for pkg_create and still do not understand how to create a package. the errors don't make sense.. I am trying to build a client from source and install using pkg_add so I can ...

  1. pkg_create examples...

    hi

    I have read the man pages for pkg_create and still do not understand
    how to create a package. the errors don't make sense.. I am trying to
    build a client from source and install using pkg_add so I can remove
    it when required cleanly. I don't want to use the ports etc..

    ex: I want to put this in /usr/local/bin using pkg_add -

    ~/test123/bin
    ~/test123/bin/test_exec

    so I do a find of the above and create the following file

    ~/test123/list

    which has

    bin
    bin/test_exec

    Then I from pkg_create information

    Usage: pkg_create [-hnQqv] [-A arches] [-B pkg-destdir] [-D
    name=value]
    [-i iscript] [-k dscript] [-L localbase] [-M module] [-M
    displayfile]
    [-P pkg-dependency] [-p prefix] [-r rscript] [-S pkg-
    destdir]
    [-U undisplayfile] [-W wantedlib] -c desc -d desc -f
    packinglist pkg-name

    I do

    pkg_create -A i386 -c /var/tmp/comment.txt -d /var/tmp/desc.txt -B /
    usr/local -S ~/test123 -p ' ' -f /test123/list test

    and it fails.. Can one of you provide me the syntax on how to do
    this ?

    /hm

  2. Re: pkg_create examples...

    First, you're not even saying which version of OpenBSD you're using. There
    have been changes recently... pkg_create in current no longer specifies
    comments that way, for instance.

    pkg_create is mostly there to be used from the ports tree infrastructure.
    In many cases, it's ways simpler to use the infrastructure than to try and
    call pkg_create by hand. In any case, with what details you provide, I have
    absolutely no idea what you're doing wrong.

  3. Re: pkg_create examples...

    In article <1185813948.863944.162480@m37g2000prh.googlegroups. com>,
    User wrote:
    >I do
    >
    >pkg_create -A i386 -c /var/tmp/comment.txt -d /var/tmp/desc.txt -B /
    >usr/local -S ~/test123 -p ' ' -f /test123/list test
    >

    >and it fails.. Can one of you provide me the syntax on how to do
    >this ?

    Each time you type a command and it fails, you should give the
    error message !

    You should read the manpage. In any case, your -S, -B, and -p are
    bogus. The ports tree uses -B ${WRKINST} -p /usr/local

+ Reply to Thread