getfacl & setfact in OpenBSD 3.7 - BSD

This is a discussion on getfacl & setfact in OpenBSD 3.7 - BSD ; Why isn't getfacl and setfacl available in OpenBSD 3.7? Is there any other shell based commands available to view and edit ACLs in the filesystem? Thanks in advance Sulan...

  1. getfacl & setfact in OpenBSD 3.7

    Why isn't getfacl and setfacl available in OpenBSD 3.7? Is there any
    other shell based commands available to view and edit ACLs in the
    filesystem?

    Thanks in advance
    Sulan

  2. Re: getfacl & setfact in OpenBSD 3.7

    In article <1184663386.562478.71520@g12g2000prg.googlegroups.c om>,
    zulu wrote:
    >Why isn't getfacl and setfacl available in OpenBSD 3.7? Is there any
    >other shell based commands available to view and edit ACLs in the
    >filesystem?

    There are no ACLs in OpenBSD.

  3. Re: getfacl & setfact in OpenBSD 3.7

    On Jul 17, 11:32 am, es...@lain.home (Marc Espie) wrote:
    > In article <1184663386.562478.71...@g12g2000prg.googlegroups.c om>,
    >
    > zulu wrote:
    > >Why isn't getfacl and setfacl available in OpenBSD 3.7? Is there any
    > >other shell based commands available to view and edit ACLs in the
    > >filesystem?

    > There are no ACLs in OpenBSD.

    Okay, thanks. That explains it :-)

    Any clues on how to force all files in a directory to get file
    permissions 770? I have defined directory permission 2770 on the
    directory and users use umask 007 but users still get "permission
    denied" errors when using this temp directory over Subversion (and yes
    all users belong the the group that owns the directory)?

  4. Re: getfacl & setfact in OpenBSD 3.7

    zulu wrote:
    > On Jul 17, 11:32 am, es...@lain.home (Marc Espie) wrote:
    >> In article <1184663386.562478.71...@g12g2000prg.googlegroups.c om>,
    >>
    >> zulu wrote:
    >> >Why isn't getfacl and setfacl available in OpenBSD 3.7? Is there any
    >> >other shell based commands available to view and edit ACLs in the
    >> >filesystem?

    >> There are no ACLs in OpenBSD.

    > Okay, thanks. That explains it :-)
    >
    > Any clues on how to force all files in a directory to get file
    > permissions 770? I have defined directory permission 2770 on the
    > directory and users use umask 007 but users still get "permission
    > denied" errors when using this temp directory over Subversion (and yes
    > all users belong the the group that owns the directory)?

    Could you explain your setup in a little more detail? What you ask for
    isnīt possible - programs can always set their own umask - but there is
    almost certainly another solution to the real problem.

    Joachim

+ Reply to Thread