Uhmmm... Partitions... - BSD

This is a discussion on Uhmmm... Partitions... - BSD ; When I define a partition with fdisk, for example the first primary partition that starts at sector 63 and with size of... 10 sectors (yes too little), what's the start sector of the next partition? 63+10 OR 63+10+1??? Example: v64 ...

  1. Uhmmm... Partitions...

    When I define a partition with fdisk, for example the first primary
    partition that starts at sector 63 and with size of... 10 sectors (yes
    too little), what's the start sector of the next partition?
    63+10 OR 63+10+1???

    Example:
    v64
    ....------------------...
    63^ 10^

    Will OpenBSD use the 63rd sector as an index and will count the size of
    the partition AFTER that sector, or will INCLUDE also the start sector
    in the count? If after... the start sector is 64, if included... 63.
    And disklabel? Maybe the same as fdisk...
    Thanks!
    Manuel

  2. Re: Uhmmm... Partitions...

    > Will OpenBSD use the 63rd sector as an index and will count the size of
    > the partition AFTER that sector, or will INCLUDE also the start sector
    > in the count? If after... the start sector is 64, if included... 63.
    > And disklabel? Maybe the same as fdisk...

    Ehm sorry, sectors 74 & 73.

+ Reply to Thread