PPTP Client behind OpenBSD PF... - BSD

This is a discussion on PPTP Client behind OpenBSD PF... - BSD ; Maybe I'm not doing something right. I have OpenBSD 3.9 running PF/carp. I have made the respective entry for outbound GRE traffic and tcp/1723 for PPTP. Is there something that I am missing? TIA, Ryan...

  1. PPTP Client behind OpenBSD PF...

    Maybe I'm not doing something right. I have OpenBSD 3.9 running PF/carp.
    I have made the respective entry for outbound GRE traffic and tcp/1723 for
    PPTP. Is there something that I am missing?

    TIA,

    Ryan

  2. Re: PPTP Client behind OpenBSD PF...

    Ryan A. Krenzischek wrote:

    > Maybe I'm not doing something right. I have OpenBSD 3.9 running
    > PF/carp. I have made the respective entry for outbound GRE traffic and
    > tcp/1723 for PPTP. Is there something that I am missing?

    There is a solution for your problem, google for "frickin" keyword.

    --
    With best regards,
    Gregory Edigarov

  3. [SUMMARY] PPTP Client behind OpenBSD PF...

    Thanks for the reminder to Gregory that I had to post a summary.

    The OpenBSD/PF/Carp firewall was doing its job. It ended up being a
    client-side bug within Fedora Core. mppe was broken in the kernel thus
    resulting in connectivity issues. It since has been fixed.

    A simple 'yum -y update' to my Fedora Core system and a reboot later has
    resolved the issue.

    Regards,

    Ryan

    On Mon, 30 Jul 2007, Gregory Edigarov wrote:

    > There is a solution for your problem, google for "frickin" keyword.

+ Reply to Thread